[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]

/dep/ - Depression

Depression
Email
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1602045193676.jpg (89.66 KB, 1125x1107, 125:123, past increases.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.229783[View All]

Over the years I've posted many posts on various social media and imageboards describing my problems and I have never gotten any advice that helped, most of it boils down to "just start small!". This doesn't help me at all, I can't maintain focus for long, nor do I feel particularly enthusiastic or passionate about the long term goals I have for myself (i.e read more books, exercise more, study something online like programming). I'm going to post an outline of issues for the sake of further context but I want the focus of this thread NOT to be about helping ME, but rather examining why the typical wizard afflictions are so hard to cure in the first place, why we are like this and if there really is anything we can do to fix it, or if we are just doomed to suffer.

I have no idea what to do with my life, I spend all day in my room on my computer watching YouTube and anime and I'm so sick of this life. I want to do something but I don't know what to do, I try to leave my house but I get so anxious and I have to go back to my room, I hate talking to people too. I've tried to learn something online but I get so bored and uninterested, I tried to learn programming but I found it so boring I couldn't motivate myself to do it. I don't even think I will be able to finish high school (I'm a high school drop out, yay me) or even college because I am so lazy and uninterested. I'm diagnosed with aspergers and ADHD but I can't get prescribed stimulants because I have had psychosis. I have a psychiatrist for my depression but none of the meds ever help, in fact since I started taking antidepressants I've gained over 100 pounds in less than 3 years. My psychiatrist doesn't even prescribe me anything when I say my meds are not working, he says to keep taking what I'm already taking (bupropion). I think my aspergers has ruined my life because I am so depressed and apathetic about everything, nothing seems worth it and life feels meaningless. Everything seems so hard and insurmountable. I honestly hate living this, everyday I get older and less capable, I keep repeating the same joyless day over and over again, hoping for something to spark within and change my entire being, but I know it will never happen. I just wish I could be happy with this current lifestyle but I seem to be missing something incredibly vital to human satisfaction, but I don't know how to get it.
109 posts and 17 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.230232

>>230231
> I don't understand your way of thinking at all.
I'm unsurprised. Being moderately autistic, it's a constant struggle for me to communicate clearly. I often fail to do so.

> What does "succeed" mean?

The word "succeed" was perhaps a poor choice as it carries with it a connotation of standards imposed by others. I was referring to a net reduction in suffering. With regard to crabs, I think we're all aware of their ostensible prerequisite.

> Then you agree with Ted

It's undeniable that civilisation, much less industrial civilisation, has not existed long enough for human evolution to properly compensate. I'm just not convinced that everyone who is depressed, unhappy, or otherwise suffering would fare better if we all went back to being nomadic hunter-gatherers.

 No.230233

>>230232
>I'm just not convinced that everyone who is depressed, unhappy, or otherwise suffering would fare better if we all went back to being nomadic hunter-gatherers.
Because they wouldn't. They would suffer and die, and then the subsequent much smaller group of people who were born independent of industrial society would fare better.

 No.230234

>>230233
Agreed; but, I don't know what would prevent another industrial revolution from eventually occurring. Maybe if we'd already exhausted all of the readily accessible fossil fuels it couldn't happen again.

 No.230235

>>230210
That's what being "free in nature" means, my guy. It means having to hunt boars all day. As for fucking succubi, technology doesn't change the reality of reproduction or your own psychological need for it. If you need companionship today, you'd almost certainly need it in a primitive society, especially since it would be that much more difficult to be self-sufficient.

There's no better time than the current modern time to be alive as a introverted, solitary person that has no desire for sex. It seems it's just another crab fantasy that if only circumstances were different, if only they were born in another time, they'd be engaging in the power process instead of jerking it to hentai.

Is it possible that if the world was different, you wouldn't be a mentally ill loser? Maybe. But you could say the same about just having different parents or not having that embarrassing incident in middle school or 9/11 not occurring.

 No.230236

>>230235
>especially since it would be that much more difficult to be self-sufficient.
You've got that one wrong. It's impossible to be self sufficient only in modern society. In a primitive society, you can quite literally wander into the woods and "kill boars" and forage berries. Today, you'll get arrested or starve after you realize there's only very few wild edible foods left and fewer wild animals.
In modern society you are always dependent on other people- for your job, or social programs, or upkeeping the roads, or keeping up the food supply chain, or trusting them not to poison the water supply, &c.

 No.230237

>>230236
You realize you could just grow your own food and have pigs and live of the grid completely on a farm, almost with no compromise towards modern quality of life? You could even trade certain items with your neighbors. And then, if god forbid, you get bit by some rabid animal, the hospital is still an option.

Your definition of self-sufficiency is too extreme. Society is unlikely to collapse and if it did, your natural habitat would likely be affected as well. Society is more reliable than nature, that's for sure.

 No.230238

>>230222
> female sexual selection was largely irrelevant until now
I'll acknowledge that's a fair point; however, male social capital does appear to be a decent proxy variable for sex appeal.

 No.230244

>>230237
You don't really understand. You cannot live entirely off grid anymore. Even if you were to purchase land somewhere in the middle of nowhere, you're going to have to come up with money to pay taxes on it or FEDs will come for you. If you want to have animals, you'll have to pass a bunch of animal safety inspections, if you want to kill them you have to beware that feds might snatch you for cruelty. If you want to go hunting, you might be arrested for accidentally waltzing on someone else's property. Then again, you may just get imminent domained. You can't legally collect rainwater even in much of the united states. Much of the river systems are poisoned with toxic waste due to the sheer amount of humans that are alive and tossing garbage and other chemicals in them. Mandates on non-commercial freshwater use for agricultural purposes might make your little farm illegal. You can even be arrested and imprisoned now for killing a bear with a spear, and I believe bow hunting is also illegal in many places now.

Just ignoring all of this, where can you go that you won't be influenced or affected by the literal billions of other people in this world? Technology has made it possible to keep so many people alive and connect them so tightly that decisions around the world will inevitably affect everyone else. You cannot escape it. An insult from one ambassador to another may end up raining nuclear fire upon your head, and technology is the reason that's possible.
You may be able to say "well back then randos might come across you!" or "kingdoms and stuff mandated laws and waged war too!" but I think you'd realize that that's really reaching and 90% of people, especially those living in uninhabited areas could live and die with no contact with the rest of the world.

 No.230245

>>230237
Ted tried to do that but society makes it impossible. Even after a PhD and searching for a good place for a cabin he was always affected by annoying neighbours etc. In earlier eras it was actually not that hard to be a loner or at least just have an isolated farm. Now at the least you need a huge amount of money and to be born in the right country

>>230244
exactly this

 No.230246

>>230244
Then why not advocate for minarchism and taking down regulation and the federal government? That seems more probable than the entirety of society jumping back to the stone age.

Seems like your problem is with the government and not technology per se. If you didn't need to pay taxes and could do as you pleased, no one would bother you on your farm.

 No.230247

>>230246
That won't solve the problem. Everyone and everything at every level is highly connected because of technology. Reducing the direct power of a government will just mean that some other organization will take its place in making decisions that impact your life.
>If you didn't need to pay taxes and could do as you pleased, no one would bother you on your farm.
8 billion people, competing world governments, and changing administrations could. Technology is the thing that allows these organizations to project their force across the globe and make decisions that impact everyone. Reducing regulations would likely make things worse- pollution of all kinds would increase rapidly, corporations would take most or all land, and it wouldn't even solve issues of reliance on society. You would become more at the mercy of profiteering entities or foreign governments.

 No.230270

File: 1602616648559.jpg (104.96 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, akame_ga_kill-03-tatsumi-g….jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>230210
Oh, fuck off please. In a primitive society you would be tortured to death by Chad and his friends for fun, just because there would be no one to stop them. It wouldn't benefit socially inept and weak people at all, we would be the first ones to die horrible deaths.
Getting sick? Good luck bro, suffer all you want because no one will help you!
Getting bullied by others? (Talking about serious, physical bullying. Not the verbal kind.) Good luck, no police to protect your sorry ass, because you decided that modern society and its institutions are harmful because they don't let you hunt deer freely.
Getting bored with nothing to do except survival? Well, good luck because you hated and abolished the technology that made it possible for you to indulge in escapism. Go watch the fucking cows for entertainment.
Getting horny? Too bad, you can't watch porn and can't jerk off freely because the "evil" technology is no more! Have fun getting killed by Chad and his buddies while trying to rape some slut because of sexual frustration. (And no, you won't magically become Chad because no technology exists, you would still be a weak faggot who would be on the bottom of the food-chain.)
Getting cold? Getting hungry? No industrialization for you, jerk. Freeze and starve to death.
Etc, etc.

Seriously, you anti-technology Ted fanboy faggots are some of the most deluded idiots that exist on Earth. Why do you use the Internet, then? Huh, motherfucker? After all, nothing else like the internet to connect people and that is what you hate most of all, right? Get rid of your computer, too. Your TV too. In fact, go and play in the woods a little, play the homeless guy who wants to try the survival game - you won't, not because of the laws like you claim but because you would run home to mommy like a bitch crying when the first bug bit you. Most of you Ted-fags are bored middle-class faggots from the West who don't know how to spend their fucking free time because you live in so much luxury that you can't realize it. So instead of occupying yourself with something enjoyable and pleasurable you decide to get rid of "luxury" altogether. Fuck. You.

It's been repeated many times but I will say it again:
- There was never as good an age as ours for NEETs and wizards.
- Wizards and NEETs inherently need society and depend on it for survival. Hermits can't survive alone. Period.

>For crabs, they may be addicted to technology

Again, if you have a problem with it, then stop using it. Now.
>dislike how they became a shut-in degenerate
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot you Ted-fags were norms in wizard clothes. If you hate being a "shut-in degenerate" then you are better off elsewhere. Kill yourself.

 No.230277

I think this article touches on some things that are relevant to this discussion, specifically point #2.
https://www.resilience.org/stories/2020-10-02/the-five-real-conspiracies-you-need-to-know-about/

Here are a few excerpts
>In the 1920s, two ruthless men laid out a sinister scheme to gain control of the minds of Americans. Their plan? To identify people’s deeply buried needs and use subtle messaging to manipulate them into doing whatever they wanted without realizing it—even at the cost of their health and well-being. One of them, Edward Bernays, was Sigmund Freud’s nephew and used his uncle’s insights into the subconscious to develop his new methods. Their goal was to turn normal working Americans into manic consumers, training them to desire an ever-increasing amount of goods, and thereby converting their life’s energy into profit for American corporations. “We must shift America from a needs to a desires culture,” declared Bernays’ partner, Paul Mazur. “People must be trained to desire, to want new things, even before the old have been entirely consumed. We must shape a new mentality. Man’s desires must overshadow his needs.”

>Corporations have perfected the technique of mind control by tweaking core human instincts that originally evolved to support our ancestors’ flourishing in hunter-gatherer bands—such as the desire for status or fear of exclusion—for their nefarious purposes.

>A new generation of mind controllers are now using sophisticated data mining technologies to inject their power even deeper into our minds. At the ominously named Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab, a modern-day Bernays named B. J. Fogg has taught budding entrepreneurs how to use “hot triggers” such as thumbs-up signs and “Like” statistics to activate short hits of dopamine in our brains that literally get us addicted to our screens. With social media now infiltrating every aspect of many teenagers’ lives, the power of predatory corporate advertising to control their minds for profit has become even more formidable. In 2017, a leaked document revealed Facebook boasting to advertisers how they can identify in real time when teenagers feel “insecure” and “worthless,” and would be most susceptible to a “confidence boost.”


The social facts that exert influence on people have been intentionally manipulated over time to benefit the capitalist interests who hold power. Even things like identity and self esteem are things that can be packaged and sold to people. The more empty they feel inside the more they will be left seeking the hits of dopamine that the capitalists provide.

The normal ways of life that developed over thousands of years were destroyed by capitalism and industrialization. Life used to take real work just to survive and people did that work together in family units and no one questioned their identity or their purpose. People had ancestral land with tales of their past that gave them a sense of identity. There were roles that had developed over thousands of years that anyone could assume to become a member of the community, often guided by their family generation after generation specializing in the same craft. Life was steady and predictable until disaster struck and then you were in a scramble for your life.

Now no one has ancestral land because the mega-farms with the latest and greatest capital outcompeted them. Home manufacturing that used to provide people with income was outcompeted too by the factories so people had no choice but to move to the cities to find work in those factories. Instead of doing a bunch of things with their family and community to survive people specialized and did one thing over and over and the market provided the rest. There were so many goods available on the market that anyone who earned enough could have a comfortable life so everyone strove to earn more money and improve their lot in life, but with every technological gizmo that made it easier to survive, people's lives became emptier and more purposeless.

This too was exploited by the capitalists as they sold wage-slavery as the thing that would give you your identity and your purpose in life. The only relationship that mattered anymore became the employer employee relationship because as long as you have money you can get anything you could ever need or want, but if you don't have money than you will lose your house, your car, your identity, even the ability to put food on the table for your family. This has made the perfect carrot and stick system to control and manipulate people, to make them obedient slaves to anyone with money. People are constantly constrained by these forces. Take for example a rude customer. The normal reaction would be to tell the person to fuck off, but all the weight of these things, the house, the car etc constrain the person to act in a way that is unnatural. This is one example of how oversocialization makes people unhappy.

I look at a country like South Korea and it just seems fucking dark. The pressure to conform to ideals is just out of control. People make their kids study for hours and hours and people work like dogs at their companies doing overtime and people are extremely materialistic. Their whole lives are controlled by the capitalist machine to make them the perfect worker-consumers and they are fucking miserable. It's not much better in most places.

 No.230298

It seems you all want to avoid the elephant in the room talking about "natural", "instinct". The definite common elements that led humans where it is today is survival and …?

 No.230312

>>230270
What the heck are you on about? I think you've actually gone bonkers, and you don't sound like a wizard to me.
First of all, the majority of everyone, including wizards, would not survive the initial transition into a primitive society. Most people, including wizards, were conditioned to be dependent on industrial society. After they die off, what remains are people that can survive and the children that will not be conditioned their whole lives to be dependent on that society.
Most importantly though, your entire post just REEKS of "I NEVER READ INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTURE" so correct me if I'm wrong. Quite literally everything from your post is addressed in the book and you still managed to waste your time posting basically three paragraphs of utter shite.
>Seriously, you anti-technology Ted fanboy faggots are some of the most deluded idiots that exist on Earth. Why do you use the Internet, then? Huh, motherfucker? After all, nothing else like the internet to connect people and that is what you hate most of all, right? Get rid of your computer, too. Your TV too. In fact, go and play in the woods a little, play the homeless guy who wants to try the survival game
>>For crabs, they may be addicted to technology
>Again, if you have a problem with it, then stop using it. Now.
All of this is addressed in the book doubly so. One of the themes is that no matter what you cannot escape technology as long as industrial society exists. Ted even explained why it is he still used technology. Why are you even posting when you have no idea what you're talking about? It's like you watched a documentary and came back pretending you're an expert. Go back and read the book, and rewrite a whole new post.

 No.230313

File: 1602667870996.png (1.94 MB, 1462x852, 731:426, thehat2.PNG) ImgOps iqdb

>>230312
>what remains are people that can survive and the children that will not be conditioned their whole lives to be dependent on that society.

so the children of someone else can live in a primitive society in the future, nice why should i bother, and who is to say that they won't achieve a similar level of our current society again in time

 No.230316

>>230313
You will likely lose a lot or everything unless you are already extremely independent of the system i.e. you need medication, you don't already have property and the ability to grow your own food etc. But the ideology is inherently altruistic because the idea is that while you are causing great suffering to the people alive today, the people who live freed of industrial society and its conditioning will be much happier.
For you, the hope is that you are preparing for primitivism so that you can be one of the people that live happier.
>>230313
>and who is to say that they won't achieve a similar level of our current society again in time
Nobody. But it did take over 50,000 years for it to happen the first time, depending on how you measure humanity and society.

 No.230338

>>230312
>I think you've actually gone bonkers, and you don't sound like a wizard to me.
Not an argument.
>"I NEVER READ INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTURE"
I didn't, what is your problem? I can still call out a dumb ideology for being dumb without reading up extensively on it. If you think you can offer counter-arguments then do so, otherwise fuck off.
>Most people, including wizards, were conditioned to be dependent on industrial society.
And why is this bad, again? The majority of people don't want to live like fucking cavemen in the wilderness, conditioning or not. You know why? Simply because it would bring us more pain and suffering. There is a reason industrial society came into being. There is a reason technology was developed. Both were created for the sake of lessening pain and suffering.
>One of the themes is that no matter what you cannot escape technology as long as industrial society exists. Ted even explained why it is he still used technology.
Haha! Yeah, I'm sure he could explain why he was a hypocrite faggot, the same way hypocrites in general can explain why they continually do things that are direct opposite of what they preach.
This 'you cannot escape technology' bullshit is just another excuse. What stops you from going off-line? What stops you from living as a homeless bum in the wilderness like many homeless people do. Excuses, faggot. Excuses.

 No.230357

>>230338
I'm going to spoon-feed you because I feel kind of bad for you. I'm not going to lie though, your post was a bit funny.
I'll begin with a smaller one:
>What stops you from going off-line? What stops you from living as a homeless bum in the wilderness like many homeless people do.
This isn't the point. Even if you were to 'live as a homeless bum in the wilderness' you wouldn't have escaped technology or its effects. The problem is that you really don't understand the point of this sort of ideology and you think it's all about "I don't like technology, it's the reason I'm so fucked up!!!!" and that's not it at all. Nobody is in the end forced to use technology, but it will be forced upon you, either through the actions of others, the effects of industrial society on the environment, or the the way that regulations will be enforced.
If one were to live as a homeless bum, you would certainly not be able to live without technology. Imagine an average day of a homeless bum and please explain how it is without technology? How would you even manage to find “wilderness” that is unregulated? If you were to go to a public park you would be subjected to technology every day. Most parks are not large, and a 10 minute jog will lead you straight into city. On the off chance that you manage to find some large swath of “wilderness” it will either be government property in which it is illegal to grow food, hunt, cut down trees, construct buildings, or start fires(for warmth and cooking purposes). Assuming you found private land, you wouldn’t have managed anything but putting yourself at the mercy of another agent of industrial society. The moment that person changes their mind about your residence there, or perhaps if they die or something or another you will have to leave and become once again subjected to industrial society.
By and large, the outcome of almost any real attempt to live a primitive lifestyle will result in the same recurring theme: you would be found on short notice, arrested, jailed, and subjected to far greater levels of technology and industrial society than you would had you stayed in your room all day.
Also, to quote Ted Kaczynski:
>P. 73…Legally there is nothing to prevent us from going to live in the wild like primitive people or from going into business for ourselves. But in practice there is very little wild country left, and there is room in the economy for only a limited number of small business owners.
Throughout the rest of the book he explains the reasons why simply escaping technology isn’t enough and why the abolition of industrial society is necessary to re-establish the freedoms of primitive society.

Now, all of this will lead you to believe that issue is technology itself, which isn’t the case. There is nothing wrong with each individual piece of technology on its own. There’s nothing wrong with something like a phone, a car, air conditioning, et cetera. Nobody except as you say “deluded” people are going to think that air conditioning just on its own is bad; The issue is with industrial society and its effects. It’s a complex topic to explain just here; you will honestly have to read Ted Kaczynski’s book to have a full understanding of the topic, as the entire book is the shortest amount of words it takes to rationally convince someone of what I am telling you now. (It’s also very, very short and you can read it in a couple of hours and still retain all the information fully. Seriously read it so you stop making these accidental false assumptions) However, I do have a video that I found just for you which outlines why individual technologies are not bad on their own, but technology as a whole is bad, and I’ve embedded it.
The guy looks like a 4chad but his video is really good. His topic is on roads, but it applies to all technology in general. A quick look at his channel shows that he seems to be an unironic “kaczynskist”

Now, I will address another one of your points:
>And why is this bad, again? The majority of people don't want to live like fucking cavemen in the wilderness, conditioning or not. You know why? Simply because it would bring us more pain and suffering. There is a reason industrial society came into being. There is a reason technology was developed. Both were created for the sake of lessening pain and suffering.
Here you make another fatal assumption built purely because you don’t really understand the motivation behind this ideology. The issue is that YES each individual technology does reduce suffering in some way, but that the effect of technology as a whole causes more suffering than is cured. It is already well known that suicide rates in developed countries are higher than those of poor countries, and that tendency is directly correlated with access to industrialization.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210600616300430

This is outlined in ISaiF. Although I'd rather not give a gigantic quote, I'm going to have to because if I don't you'll just use that as your "gotcha!" in the next post. Here you go:

[continued in the next post]

 No.230358

>>230338
>>230357
>169. … The system has already caused, and is continuing to cause, immense suffering all over the world. Ancient cultures, that for hundreds of years gave people a satisfactory relationship with each other and with their environment, have been shattered by contact with industrial society, and the result has been a whole catalogue of economic, environmental, social and psychological problems. One of the effects of the intrusion of industrial society has been that over much of the world traditional controls on population have been thrown out of balance. Hence the population explosion, with all that that implies. Then there is the psychological suffering that is widespread throughout the supposedly fortunate countries of the West (see paragraphs 44, 45). No one knows what will happen as a result of ozone depletion, the greenhouse effect and other environmental problems that cannot yet be foreseen. And, as nuclear proliferation has shown, new technology cannot be kept out of the hands of dictators and irresponsible Third World nations. Would you like to speculate about what Iraq or North Korea will do with genetic engineering?
>170. "Oh!" say the technophiles, "Science is going to fix all that! We will conquer famine, eliminate psychological suffering, make everybody healthy and happy!" Yeah, sure. That's what they said 200 years ago. The Industrial Revolution was supposed to eliminate poverty, make everybody happy, etc. The actual result has been quite different. The technophiles are hopelessly naive (or self-deceiving) in their understanding of social problems. They are unaware of (or choose to ignore) the fact that when large changes, even seemingly beneficial ones, are introduced into a society, they lead to a long sequence of other changes, most of which are impossible to predict (paragraph 103). The result is disruption of the society. So it is very probable that in their attempts to end poverty and disease, engineer docile, happy personalities and so forth, the technophiles will create social systems that are terribly troubled, even more so than the present once. For example, the scientists boast that they will end famine by creating new, genetically engineered food plants. But this will allow the human population to keep expanding indefinitely, and it is well known that crowding leads to increased stress and aggression. This is merely one example of the PREDICTABLE problems that will arise. We emphasize that, as past experience has shown, technical progress will lead to other new problems that CANNOT be predicted in advance (paragraph 103). In fact, ever since the Industrial Revolution, technology has been creating new problems for society far more rapidly than it has been solving old ones. Thus it will take a long and difficult period of trial and error for the technophiles to work the bugs out of their Brave New World (if they every do). In the meantime there will be great suffering. So it is not at all clear that the survival of industrial society would involve less suffering than the breakdown of that society would. Technology has gotten the human race into a fix from which there is not likely to be any easy escape.
Here are the paragraphs 44 and 45 that he mentioned:
>44. But for most people it is through the power process having a goal, making an AUTONOMOUS effort and attaining the goal – that self-esteem, self-confidence and a sense of power are acquired. When one does not have adequate opportunity to go through the power process the consequences are (depending on the individual and on the way the power process is disrupted) boredom, demoralization, low self-esteem, inferiority feelings, defeatism, depression, anxiety, guilt, frustration, hostility, spouse or child abuse, insatiable hedonism, abnormal sexual behavior, sleep disorders, eating disorders. etc.

>45. Any of the foregoing symptoms can occur in any society, but in modern industrial society they are present on a massive scale. We aren't the first to mention that the world today seems to be going crazy. This sort of thing is not normal for human societies. There is good reason to believe that primitive man suffered from less stress and frustration and was better satisfied with his way of life than modern man is. It is true that not all was sweetness and light in primitive societies. Abuse of succubi was common among the Australian aborigines, transexuality was fairly common among some of the American Indian tribes. But it does appear that GENERALLY SPEAKING the kinds of problems that we have listed in the preceding paragraph were far less common among primitive peoples than they are in modern society.


He goes on with more on this topic, and to understand the core principle behind why a life without technology would be better and why you cannot escape technology in a technological society you must absolutely read the book. You will keep making very poor assumptions over and over again until you read it, like with your last two posts.

 No.230362

>>230358
Wouldn't it be easier to just kill yourself than to change society?
Honestly I don't disagree with anything you wrote about here but I don't see how converting the world to neo-ludditeism will actually help people be happier. Personally I have no emotional attachment to this body or society, I don't care what happens to society. Sure destroying industrial society could prevent total ecological collapse, but again, who cares? Existence is meaningless. Call me edgy or nihilist or whatever but I don't care, that's just how I feel. If society really became some sort of techno slave dystopia like you said it would I would just kill myself, hit the escape button so to speak. I think a lot of zoomers and millennial agree with me too, just look at the booming rates of suicide and depression. Sure you could say it's because of industrial society but I think it's deeper than that, I think it's caused by the fall of religion and the rise of materialism and nihlism. People realized that non existence is a way better than deal than existence, and your neo luddite fantasies can't fix that. The redpill can't be unswallowed.

In that video I linked it mentioned how anthropologists saw primitive tribes who stopped breeding and eating and killed themselves when they learned about nihilism and how their is no meaning to life. These people would have been as close to your neo luddite fantasy as possible yet they still could not go on living. Face the truth wiz, suffering is not caused by society, it's caused by a lack of meaning.

 No.230363

>>230362
It's a lot of factors. I understand nihilism and I have to admit that it is the only rational philosophy, but I will never be a nihilist. As long as there is suffering in the world I can't ignore it. You can rationally say that there is no meaning to anything and you would be correct, and I can irrationally say that I could never be satisfied while (A. (I live) and also B. (There is suffering in the world).
Belief in nihilism is rational as a belief, but everything that you do as a human is irrational. Rationally, anything and everything is just matter and energy changing their relative states. A human can never be rational, even if he tries and says that there is no meaning to anything. Even if he kills himself, he is trying to free his nothing from nothing, which is irrational. Even if he lays himself down and does nothing he is behaving in an irrational way by attempting to execute his philosophy built off of his irrational desire to be rational. Rationality itself is an abstraction of human creation.

As I said, I admit life is meaningless, but you cannot deny that there are things which you by your irrational design recognize as human and even empathize with feel what your subjective experience would feel as pain and suffering. As long as you are alive you will be doing something irrational, and I believe that reducing suffering is just the right thing to do. I don't have to define what is right or prove its existence. It doesn't exist and neither does nihilism.

 No.230389

>>229783
because you look at what everybody else is doing and saying and you see their requisites for being happy, all the things they need, and who they think deserves to be happy and why, and you listen to them even though you can't relate to it and don't agree. You see that you don't live up to what their requirements for being happy and having self esteem are. But these ideas were never yours because you were never like them. They know that if they were like the people they look down on and feel better then, they couldn't be happy or have self esteem. And without anybody to look down on and feel better then, they cannot be happy or have self esteem.
Eventually you absorb and internalise what they say, because they have to be cruel and cold to the people they look down on, and its only human to get hurt by it.
In other words society uses emotional abuse and wounding (emotional violence) to coerce everyone to take on the insecurities that power its hierarchy.

 No.230391

>>230216
>>230216
>It's a whole lot more comfortable to believe that civilisation itself is broken than that you are.
Why can't it be both?

 No.230392

>>230229
Who wrote this?

 No.230414

>>230392
sounds like kaczinski maybe? In one of his letters answering back to someone?

 No.230423

>>230392
> Who wrote this?
The dude in that pic wrote it. You might recognize his name: Adam Lanza. He was the Sandy Hook shooter. He also happened to have been a big fan of Kaczynsky.

 No.230582

>if you're sad (on the depression board) you aren't a true wizard
What a subhuman normalfag opinion, truly the normalchimps who come here to openly mock wizards are becoming so bold as to make this their public stance. What a disgrace.

 No.230650

>>230363
Good take which is easier said than done but I still like it. Btw are you consumed by suffering anon? What are your copes so to say?

 No.230668

File: 1603308365569.gif (1.34 MB, 323x374, 19:22, 1602577165011.gif) ImgOps iqdb

>>230582
The problem is not the sadness but the object of the sadness. It's painfully clear that these people cannot handle the wiz life i.e. being a solitary, self-sufficient person that can find meaning in solitary interests. Wizards can be unhappy for many reasons like having to deal with a job, family, society and the friction that creates, but when they are on their own, they are perfectly content being who they are and engaging with their interests.

Here's top signs of being a covert or self-deluding crab
>vague depression about nothing in particular (can't talk about it because of rules or denial)
>massive inferiority complex
>chronic boredom and lack of interests (standard normalfag response to isolation)
>masturbation and porn addiction (some delusional hope that fapping will give them what's missing)
>asking for personal advice (desperate for companionship and sense of rapport with someone)

The list goes on. It's incredibly easy to spot them.

 No.230673

>>230668
Would you TrueWiz types please bugger off already to a dedicated imageboard for aroace males rather than perpetually trying to destroy this one with your unique brand of autism?

 No.230675

File: 1603311909812.png (50.08 KB, 292x228, 73:57, lenny_hide.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>230668
>vague depression about nothing in particular (can't talk about it because of rules or denial)
Depression isnt a rational choice.
>massive inferiority complex
That can mean a lot of things and at most means you didnt mature as a wizard yet
>chronic boredom and lack of interests (standard normalfag response to isolation)
Standard response to a lack of reaction.
>masturbation and porn addiction (some delusional hope that fapping will give them what's missing)
nofap is normalfaggotry
>asking for personal advice (desperate for companionship and sense of rapport with someone)
Yeah why ask people who share your experiences for advice.

You are an idiot.

 No.230690

>>230673
Would you InvoluntaryWiz please bugger off already to a dedicated site for lonely sex-starved men rather than perpetually trying to destroy this one with your unique brand of desperation?

Why go to a site where you can't openly talk about what pains you the most? But also ask for advice to deepen the hole you are already in when it is clearly not working out for you? I'm sure it's much easier to convince someone to just fuck you instead of going through all this delusion. You will never be happy as a wiz.

>>230675
>Depression isnt a rational choice.
Not a choice, but completely rational. Only delusional crabs want to believe that their despair is the result of chemicals and voodoo magic, instead of the natural result of not thriving in the normalfag world. You have a set of needs, physical and psychological that are incompatible with the wiz life, hence the depression.

>That can mean a lot of things and at most means you didnt mature as a wizard yet

Sometimes it's painfully obvious, especially when they mention looking up old facebook friends and getting jealous. The sense of inferiority is the defining feature of the crab and the main obstacle for the to adapt to the normalfag world.

>Standard response to a lack of reaction.

Reaction to what? Clearly most people can't handle sitting 24h in their room, especially not without meaningful relationships. The reason nothing moves them is because they're completely cut of from any social network and all activities then become meaningless. Consider something like gardening for yourself and gardening for your family or community, the same activity physically but psychologically completely different. The failed normalfag cannot derive any meaning from solitary activities and depression is the natural result.

>nofap is normalfaggotry

Jerking off is a necessity, but overdoing it just means you're looking for something that isn't there. Nobody needs more than a couple tugs per week and definitely doesn't need TBs of porn on their computer, unless in the temporary fantasy of consuming that garbage they feel a tiny bit of connection with another human being that has chosen to film their intimate sex act for profit.

>Yeah why ask people who share your experiences for advice.

So that you may feel for a few moments that anonymous strangers care enough about your life to fix it.

>You are an idiot.

No, I'm just a guy holding up a mirror reflecting your painful grimace. Sorry it hurts so much to look at yourself.

 No.230714

>>230668
Truly a subhuman reply, managing to say so little with so much text other than nonsense vague scenarios that you are accusing the strawman you are arguing against of doing. Acting as if you are the truewiz template and not just another delusional faggot with a superiority complex.

 No.230720

>>230690
>bugger off already
We were here first. But, history does teach that has seldom mattered very much. Hypothetically, where would you have us go besides to hell? Don't even bother suggesting i[n]cels.co. It's not an imageboard and besides, the last time I checked it was just lousy with mentally retarded teenagers. I doubt it has gotten better since then. Sites like that somehow always turn into a race to the bottom.

>Why go to a site where you can't openly talk about what pains you the most?

Even if that to which you are alluding were in fact what pained me most, I'd have absolutely no interest in continuous pointless rehashing of something that can't be helped. That way of thinking was essentially the original justification for Rule Two.

>I'm sure it's much easier to convince someone to just fuck you instead of going through all this delusion

FYI, I'm forty years old, diagnosed with actual autism, and of meager financial means. I'm barely able to speak to anyone. I've no interest in relationships, and in any case I lack the emotional intelligence to participate in one. Even if it were possible, what ever gave you the idea that "convinc[ing] someone to just fuck [me]" would solve anything?

>You will never be happy as a wiz.

I will probably never be happy, full stop. But, this is, after all, /dep/

 No.230724

>>230714
And how exactly am I misrepresenting your argument in any way?
>>>if you're sad (on the depression board) you aren't a true wizard

I made a clear argument that it wasn't about sadness at all, but really about the object of sadness, then defined the wizard personality as a person that thrives in solitude and can derive meaning from solitary activities, then outlined the signs of a crab personality whose defining features are being unhappy with oneself and his natural habitat i.e. not thriving in solitude - therefore, crabs are not wizards.

After you look up the definition for 'strawman', also look up 'ad hominem', then consider why your only argument to a well-thought out post is "subhuman reply" and using terms you don't even understand.

>>230720
>we were here first
So? Communities evolve. I can forgive your confusion about this place because it shares a name with a previous community that was an alternative /r9k/ for the next level of crab. That place no longer exists and died along the invalid admin.

>FYI, I'm forty years old, …

Yeah, that's great, but being a wizard has nothing to do with autism, poverty, lack of ability to communicate and other incompetency. The only real defining features are voluntary celibacy and a dedication to a solitary life. As for sex as a solution, many crabs claim that it doesn't matter to them, but in all likelihood, a considerable amount of affection from the right kind of succubus would completely reset their entire world view and sense of inferiority.

 No.230728

>>230724
>Yeah, that's great, but being a wizard has nothing to do with autism, poverty, lack of ability to communicate and other incompetency
I never claimed any of those things to be defining characteristics of wizards.

>The only real defining features are voluntary celibacy and a dedication to a solitary life

Where is that written? It isn't in the rules. Perhaps you should update them.

Regardless, I suspect that very few would argue I've not voluntarily chosen to live both a celibate and solitary lifestyle. I've never actively sought anything else and have always successfully resisted others' attempts to include me in social activities.

I'm not advocating for individuals who self identify, openly or otherwise, as i[n]cels to be welcomed on Wizardchan; rather, I object to your continued insistence that wizards experiencing prolonged dysphoria don't belong here, and on /dep/ of all places.

>in all likelihood, a considerable amount of affection from the right kind of succubus would completely reset their entire world view and sense of inferiority

How could you possibly know that? And what does it even matter if it's an impossibility?

 No.230808

Oh great. Now wizkids who animeavatars are the arbiters of what wizards are rather than actual 30+ virgins. No wonder there are barely any actual wizards here.

Wizchan turning into some normal-adjacent smugzone is the worst.

 No.230810

"site actually mentions reclusive/neet but that's not a part of being a wizard at all."

wizchan 2020

like it's pretty absurd that the mental image of a wizard now is just some indistinguishable normalfag who just happens to not have sex and posts about he's a realwizard after a day at the office.

 No.230812

>>230810
>posts about he's a realwizard after a day at the office
You know wageslave threads are been here since long ago right?

 No.230813

>>230812
Just being a wageslave doesn't imply working at an office. We probably have way more people who are working low end jobs and are seen as the weird guy at work. I wouldn't say it's typical that wizards are mostly normal office workers.

 No.230814

>>230813
Yes but you can be a wageslave working at an office and many wizards are.

 No.230818

>>229814
What happened to this? I guess everyone leaves when they turn 30.

 No.231072

>>230147
I'm not quite sure if this post is intended to be pro or anti Peterson.
If I had to guess, I would say that it is both anti "leftist intellectual" that Peterson so hates, as well as anti "alternative intellectual" like Peterson.
The original quote was probably written with "leftish intellectuals" in mind, but it can just as easily apply to people like Peterson.

 No.231081

>>230818
Not me. I'm 34, a virgin, friendless and still here

 No.231883

>>229783
>>231081

I do nothing but cleansing: https://wizchan.org/dep/res/230820.html#231299

But I still rest into lazyness, into not-doing… just getting my body ready as much as I feel to, for the time when life turns a different yet still ugly side towards me.

 No.232319

>>230668
accurate list.

 No.232324

>>231072
It is without a doubt anti Peterson, Ted's idea of what the "system" is will be very different to what others say it is. The quote itself is anti-intellectuals in general - for they think they are different or are rebelling against some majority or system, but really are incapable of any actual rebellion since they support the system they claim to rebel against. Even worse is that they themselves might be the very system they wish to rebel against, since they uphold the technological power that is the system.

 No.234588

Happiness is just "things you care about going well

You can be happy as a wizard but only if social/sexual relationships aren't something you care about

 No.234589

Happiness is just "things you care about going well

You can be happy as a wizard but only if social/sexual relationships aren't something you care about


[View All]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]