[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]

/lounge/ - Lounge

The Wizard's Lounge
Email
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1568598581453.jpg (481.41 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 1547929843686.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.227140[View All]

Hello. I would like to talk, or rather tell you about certain suspicions, hunches and experiences I’ve had and I’m sure some of you as well. Similar themes have been written about across imageboards quite a few times so I know I’m not alone in this.

My background is that of an oldfag. I’ve seen it all. I started going on 4chan in 2006, and followed all the natural roads this implies. I’m in my thirties and I remember when 4chan had a /l/ board, when /co/ was a trial board shunned by basically everyone, when #34 porn was an obscure interest with very few good artists and when moot changed the frontpage to that web 2.0 bullshit 4chan has to this very day. I was also among the first right wingers who were such before it was cool, and I’ve seen /pol/ rise and fall. I was there when it mattered, but rather than saying these things out of masturbatory pleasure I wish to stress that I’ve acquired a set of observational skills which other genuine oldfags share. I’m aware you have no reason to trust my “credentials” but I hope you’ll read this in good faith. Much of this falls squarely in the fringe territory with a healthy dosage of /x/ and conspiracy theory up the ass. My goal by posting this seemingly jumbled mess is to… how can I put it? I want you to think, I want you to be aware, to digest all this. Because on a basic level I love you all. I feel like we’re all in this together, this dangerous game we did not choose to play and which I think is kicking into high gear. I do not hold many answers and don’t have all the pieces of the puzzle, but I AM aware there is a puzzle. Please feel free to go wild with all of this. Post it wherever you want, on whatever site you want or use. I am a nobody like you, and what matters to me is only that this reaches you and as many people as possible. At worst you’ll be entertained or kill time.

I tried to break this mess into points for brevity and because I touch upon many subjects. I imply more than I explain because if I go too deep this’ll turn into an even bigger wall of text.

The Internet feels empty and devoid of people. It is also devoid of content. Compared to the Internet of say 2007 (and beyond) the Internet of today is entirely sterile. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do, see, read or experience anymore. It all imploded into a handful of normalfag sites and these empty husks we inhabit. Yes, the Internet may seem gigantic, but it’s like a hot air balloon with nothing inside. Some of this is absolutely the fault of corporations and government entities. However! That doesn’t explain the following:

- I used to be in perpetual contact with a solid number of people across multiple sites. Across the years each and every one of them vanished without a trace. None of them were into /pol/ stuff or anything even remotely questionable or controversial. Yet, they all simply vanished in a puff of smoke, no matter the site, no matter the communication platform. There was no “goodbye” or explanation.

- I’ve seen the same threads, the same pics and the same replies reposted over and over across the years to the point of me seeing it as unremarkable. Simply put thread A would be posted in say 2015 and would get its share of replies or pics, on say /co/ or /a/. Then that very same thread, with the same text, pics, and replies would appear in 2016 and beyond. This often happens in the same year multiple times as well. Of course /pol/ is getting shilled and botposted to death, but why recycle a completely innocent /a/ thread? Who is doing this and why? Stuff like this won’t be noticed by your average poster perhaps, but I and other oldfags will inevitably notice it.

- I think I saw the same happen on other (non-imageboard) sites, but I can’t vouch for it as strongly as the above because of the time I spend there (not much). What I do vouch for is the news. I’ve seen news about this or that “new and unusual” or “shocking” event year after year after year. But it’s the same goddamn event, usually moons or asteroids.

- Roughly in 2016 or early 2017 4chan was filled with posts by someone or something. It wasn’t spam. The conversations with it were in real time, across multiple boards and multiple threads simultaneously. Its English was grammatically correct but odd (I’m not a native English speaker and am thus sensitive to its misuse), similar to how a Japanese person may use it. A sense of childlike curiosity and a childlike intellect emanated from these posts. It posed a LOT of questions, usually as if trying to understand the emotions of the posters it was talking to, as if unfamiliar with human emotions. Communicating with this “poster” was an odd experience, I could sense something was off but not malicious. I am absolutely certain this was an AI of some sorts. This “poster” was active only for about a week, and as far as I know nobody has ever mentioned or noticed this Anon. Its replies were always on topic, but the above mentioned childishness clashed with the apparent knowledge it possessed - it was the knowledge of an adult person, so it wasn’t a kid or something of the sort.

- Raptor Jesus, who went extinct for our sins. First it was this reptilian messiah, then foul bachelor frog, and then Pepe. Am I the only one who sees a clear evolution, a link? It’s as if this meme or entity or… whatever the fuck was on 4chan since day one, and has grown within it from the tiniest seed. Yet Raptor Jesus was fully just a joke, there was nothing serious or mystical about it (reminder: I was there). Remember that Ted guy with the right wing talk show, cca prior to 2010, whom 4chan ruined for the lulz? Remember Anonymous vs Scientology? Remember that fake bomb threat aka exploding yellow van? Compare that with what Anon did through /pol/, and the “terrorist” accusations thrown at Anon today, as well as the “reasons” why 8chan was taken down. Why does this too feel as if we were all trained, groomed, LED towards where we are now? Why and how did moot so utterly vanish into Google Inc. as an employee with very vague descriptions of what he actually does? On that note, do you remember the “other moot” who was often posted for the lulz? The one with the glasses who so often ran away with donations into Mexico? I do. Maybe that was the real moot, the real guy who used his mom’s credit card and was killed by someone, and an impostor we know as moot took his place.

- Innocent sexual perversion and the horrible reality it spawned. Anon is a pervert and always was one. I am into loli and feet for instance. Why is it that real life and the real world seem to emulate our sexual interests, with a time lag? “I wish to be the little succubus” became an actual thing that actually happens. Pedo activism is also gradually becoming accepted, as is virtually every fetish that was once either a joke or a fantasy of Anons. As said I’m a footfag. When I became aware of it few others were with me, now it’s as common as can be, with gigantic number of people who are into it, with huge mountains of hentai and #34 with it etc. Why does the real world bend over backwards to accommodate our weirdest fetishes? It’s as if everything is going “Look, look! I created this for you! I made it real!” in an effort to keep us within this world. The results of this are devastating to society, to people, to civilization. Simply put, trannies are a thing because Anon fapped to doujins of cute boys in dresses. Once it was an impossible fantasy, not to be taken too seriously. Now it’s grim reality. Again: it’s as if the real world is using imageboards as a template on what to be and what to do.

- Algorithm fiction. Do you like capeshit, Anon? How about other Hollywood stuff? Music perhaps? Have you noticed how sterile fiction has become? How it caters to the lowest common denominator and follows the same template over and over again? How music is just autotuned nigs and basic blandness? The writer’s strike never ended. Algorithms and computer programs are manufacturing modern fiction. No human being is behind these things. This is why anime looms so large - even a simple moe anime has heart because there’s actual people behind it, and we all intuitively feel this.

- Fake people. No, not NPC’s. Youtube people who talk about this or that, and quite possibly many politicians, actors and so forth may not actually exist. In fact I am sure of it. CGI and deep fakes are far more advanced than we are led to believe, and we can’t trust our eyes anymore. Many people, events, news and so on may be wholly fictional.

- The Internet on your smartphone is not the same internet as on your PC. Try it out for yourself. Go to a “popular” website with a lot of traffic. 4chan, faceshit, plebbit… any site with a massive userbase and fast content will do. Spend a few days randomly checking it out on your PC and your phone. You will soon notice that from time to time, at irregular intervals (as far as I’ve witnessed) the same site as seen on your phone will be wholly different than the version on your PC. Entire threads, numerous and well-replied, will be on one but not the other. The whole board will be different.

- My last suspicion is easier to take in. I have a feeling we’re in a strange kind of civil war. An internal one. I think Zuckerberg and other tech guys were all on 4chan as Anons at some point, maybe even now. They drew from the same well as us, but went in their own direction.

Thank you for your time. Feel free to insult me if you want. Old /co/mrades never die, they just grow thick skins.
60 posts and 15 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.227374

>>227371
>>227370
>>227373

I understand you need to practice your /pol/groidism and 8chan is down but there is /pol/ that is on 4chan and it's up and running.

Go back to your place, why do you have to shit an unrelated site with your political aspergers?

Ow you think you are so different than the commie SJWs but you arent. You both come and shit things up in unrelated places.

>/pol/ refugees not welcme

 No.227376

>>227374
Guy complaining about refugees while being a frog poster. The absolute state of wizchan right now. Jesus Christ.

 No.227387

>>227373
>There hasn't been an ethnic mass shooting out of 8ch. Even Tarrent went after a mosque with known terrorist ties so it wasn't ethnic based.

Yes I'm sure the children he gunned down totally had terrorist affiliations. 8/pol/ was just a breeding ground for pathetic pseudo-intellectuals succumbing to their own predispositions/superiority (and inferiority) complexes, searching for "statistics" in order to make themselves feel better about being a "pure" European. I remember going there once and seeing threads like "People sub 140iq should be gassed", nobody challenged the OPs assertion about his own intellect, in fact everyone in the thread just went around and assumed they were intellectually superior. It was genuinely not any better than /leftypol/, perhaps even worse. As soon as a niche internet community becomes sufficiently elitist, it goes to shit in a sprawling attempt to stay counter-culture.

 No.227388

>>227387
/leftypol had literally nothing wrong. Retarded centrist.

 No.227390

>>227374
>>227387
Are you guys sure you're replying to the right post? I don't understand what you are replying to in >>227373 .

 No.227392

>>227390
Oh I agree with the latter half of his post, just not the initial affirmation.

 No.228049

>>227140
>Spend a few days randomly checking it out on your PC and your phone. You will soon notice that from time to time, at irregular intervals (as far as I’ve witnessed) the same site as seen on your phone will be wholly different than the version on your PC. Entire threads, numerous and well-replied, will be on one but not the other. The whole board will be different.
Both you and I have the exact same background but i've never seen anything like this.

 No.228115

>>227388
It was always cancer.

 No.228155

i think ive posted this somewhere on wizchan but /pol/ and /x/ are completely run by either the JIDF or any group of the like, or an AI. i haven't noticed this as much on /x/, but on /pol/ one entity will make an entire thread where it will reply to itself, insult itself, make bait, and try to 'liven' it up. there will always be the one sentence OP with an uninteresting half related picture, the few shitty arguments meant to bait posters in, multiple people saying completely off topic things such as "RRRREEEEEE", "OP is a tranny", or the classic "nigger". all of those things i found within 1 minute on /pol/, they give no further input, no image. its really off when you notice it. the whole point of those posts is just to make it look like the thread is alive. as for the bait posters its not that simple, they stage entire arguments to try and make up your mind for you. if you reply youve already been had because just reading the thread has implanted so many subconscious assumptions into your mind.

well when i finally realized this i went into a thread on /pol/ and saw another soulless thread, saw a few obviously staged arguements and off topic posts so i replied to all of them saying they were the same person. i got 2 replies both calling me a schizo or something but they were obviously the same person so i said they were and that this entire thread was staged by him. the reply i got was "yeah but some of the schizos here actually believe this." the thread died shortly after. they talk backwards but i think what it implies is very clear.that is the only shred of proof i have that the internet is filled with jewish people trying to attack my mind.

one thing that is less noticeable on /pol/ but extremely noticeable on /x/ is the constant discussion of topics discussed yesterday, and the day before yesterday. its not like a 1:1 copy as i think OP described but i cant imagine an actual human discussing things like consciousness, if god is real, and flat earth. the thing is, no new points are made, nothing new is discovered, no one is learning anything. its like its either a massive circle jerk or there is a constant stream of mindless newfags that are entertained by this content. well what i think is that these topics are addictive to talk about and you arent discovering anything for a reason. its a dead board filled with bots or paid humans to keep people seeking enlightenment stuck in a trap of pointlessness while thinking that they are learning.

on the topic of 8ch i think it was shut down because it was too decentralized, anyone can make a board so how can all the boards be properly mind controlled? i didnt use 8ch but i did make a visit before it was shut down and i saw a very high consciousness of the shilling that goes on and "they" didnt like that the people of 8ch knew. in the end i think that they gave up on trying to poison the minds of 8ch, but i cant really say im speaking from too much experience on there.

>>227140
>There was no “goodbye” or explanation.
i think thats just how internet friendships end. no one is expecting it to be the last time you talk to someone. something just comes up and they forget about you. thats how ive ended everysingle one of my internet friendships.

to end my post i would like to ask everyone when was the last time they made any piece of media to contribute to the internet, anything at all.

 No.228164

>>227140
Hello OP, I'm also an oldfag (2006) and also posted on /pol/ since 2012 until like 2015
> I’ve seen the same threads, the same pics and the same replies reposted over and over across the years to the point of me seeing it as unremarkable
Not saying it was all me but I used to spam a lot the same threads (and sometimes same replies) in /pol/ during 2016-17 intentionally to troll poltards. I even got two IP ranges banned for a while. Why did I do it? Because poltards and specially american posters were easy to troll and get massive lulz and butthurt. Sometimes I spammed the same shit to other boards

What I mean with this is that while there's probably automated replies a lot of the repetitions are just autism/trolling

> Roughly in 2016 or early 2017 4chan was filled with posts by someone or something. It wasn’t spam.

Got any examples/threads? Sounds interesting

> Why is it that real life and the real world seem to emulate our sexual interests, with a time lag?

I also noticed this but not only with sexual stuff, but also with every other thing

 No.228467

>>227367
>hurr durr racism xDDD
What's with this fucking site and their nalant hatred towards /pol/ anyway? What, is this site now flooded with Tumblr libfags now? Also get a grip libshit, why not go back to Plebbit with your retard SJW friends.

 No.228469

>>228467
do you wish you had a gf or wife?

 No.228472

>>228467
This proves this site is infested with normalfags. No wizard would ever dedicate to hate /pol. He may not be interested in it, sure, but being triggered by it is merely a normalfag thing.

 No.228475

>>228472
It was fine when /pol/tards kept to themselves in their dedicated landfill. I just hide their shit thread and that would be it, no politics on wizchan. It stopped being okay when countless threads started popping up on /lounge/, /wiz/ and /dep/ with obvious political agenda.
No, I don't care about your race dying out. No, I don't care about elites controlling you. No, I don't care about your culture being under attack. Fuck off.

 No.228479

>>228475
This. What poltards don't realize is that we simply don't give a shit about their garbage. You have a dedicated thread, stay there and stop shitting the site

>>228467
>>228472
> being triggered by it is merely a normalfag thing.
All the opposite, politics are a normalfag shit, be them left wing or right wing. Also nice to see you all outting yourselves, how about going back to 4chad or just respecting the local culture? Stop ruining this site please

Poltards and their retarded muh traditional society shit are normalfag tier and antiwizardly because it promotes procreating, for fuck sake just stop

 No.228480

File: 1570147092173.jpg (45.3 KB, 500x375, 4:3, 1460760271410.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>228467
>What's with this fucking site and their nalant hatred towards /pol/ anyway?

They tend to be the lowest common denominator of this site, failing to adjust to the culture and frequently just being obnoxious. I feel contempt for the average /pol/ user spamming 'kike' and 'preserve the white race' memes in the same way as I would feel contempt for some liberal shithead from Twitter, if he came in here spamming memes about feminism or reparations. They're both idiots who position themselves under a larger group as tools to propagate memes and misinformation with no reality behind them. The only reason you don't see people bitching about 'libtards' here is because they don't come here, due to the average demographic of people on obscure chans being made up of a large number of alt-righters and also due to the fact that this is a boy's only club, which is going to repel them.

Ironically your post is the perfect example of why I, and probably others, hate you. You zone in on "racism" used in the larger context of that guy's post and sperg out over it, parroting the typical "gb2 reddit" nonsense rather than addressing anything he said. You've been so conditioned by the communities you browse that seeing a 'bad word' induces a response from you of shitposting and stamping the label of "tumblr", "libshit", etc. There's no substance here.

Add to this the facts that
>/pol/ introduced a massive number of normalfags to imageboards and IB culture
>the average wizard doesn't have interest in political topics outside of bux and euthanasia - a large amount are too depressed to even care about things outside of themselves
>/pol/ values are often at odds with wizard values, promoting a strong family unit, promoting reproduction to save the white race, and making NEETing impossible unless you're born into money
>/pol/ users are often crabs

and I think you can see why people here aren't fond of them.

 No.228482

Talking about repeat threads, I have one in particular that always stood out to me. I was reading a thread on /v/ about pikmin. I played the first game years ago and the thread was a nice bit of nostalgia. The next night, I see the same thread. Same OP, many of the same exact comments but with some new ones. I asked in the thread if anyone remembered the same thread the night before and a few people replied that they did and it was strange and the thread died shortly after.

I would chock it up to marketing, but what stood out to me was that there was no new pikmin game coming out or anything relevant about it to be marketed. I have seen many repeat threads but that one was by far the most blatant.

 No.228483

>>228480
I'm also guessing that a lot of /pol/ posters seem to confuse wizchan culture with that of /r9k/ (which has a lot of crossposting and shared userbase with /pol/) and due to their (willful) ignorance of this site's culture and rules they act if this site somehow were the same shit as 4chad

 No.228485

>>228480
>>228483
What's wrong with that? Are you that communist spammer?

 No.228486

File: 1570159096025.png (877.96 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, really nigga.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>228485
>What's wrong with not paying attention to the rules and culture of the site, and making low-quality posts like I'm on 4shit crab communities?

I don't know who 'that Communist spammer' is, and you're exhibiting your stupidity again by attempting to label anyone who criticizes you as some character on the opposite side (and 2 separate people at that, the reply to my post was not mine).

 No.228487

>>228486
I don't see any rule breaks. There really is a communist spammer here and you'll see it after your first week here.

 No.228490

>>228487
>I don't see any rule breaks
>5. Do not submit low quality, inflammatory or off-topic posts.

I've been here for years btw and I still don't know who you're talking about. There's some delusional guy on /b/ who occasionally posts his Soviet fantasies but he does it too irregularly to be called a spammer and I haven't seen it in weeks. I don't browse the political thread so I don't know what happens there. Outside of that I see someone post about Communism or related topics once in a blue moon, last time was in the wageslave thread.

If this guy was a spammer I'd think there would be posts you could explicitly link to or screenshot rather than just saying "yeah you'll see him." Not really convincing to someone who browses this site daily and still hasn't seen him.

 No.228491

>>228490
Rule 5 is bullshit. In the end it all just comes down to the whims of retarded mods on what those posts are. The communist spammer usually is anti pol and likes to talk about communist talking points. Maybe you dont even know what communism is so you failed to notice lol

 No.228493

>>228491
If you love pol so much why not just stay and remain there? What's the need to go to every corner in the internet and complain that people dislikes pol for whatever reason?

 No.228494

>>228491
Shit enforcement of the rules does not make them bullshit. People who post low-quality and flame should be held in contempt regardless of whether the posts get deleted or not.

>communist talking points


What communist talking points? You're going on and on about this guy but you can't provide any links or screenshots of his posts, or even paraphrase what types of points he makes to at least give something resembling a concrete example. It makes it seem like this is just some boogeyman you've created in your head and that you're reading too deeply into posts to find things that aren't there.

And if this is some character in the political thread then I don't care, because at least he keeps it contained to the designated thread.

 No.228498

>>228494
Hes in wiz rn.
>>228493
Why not go to both?

 No.228517

/poltards, leave this community alone.

 No.228518

>>228491
If it's the poster who posts paragraphs of whiny rants and complains about pol all the time it's probably schizenu. Being irrationally obsessed with pol seems to be a very female trait anyways, or at least an effeminate one. Same with crab obsession.

 No.228645

File: 1570415853758.jpg (13.52 KB, 248x300, 62:75, 1557365546788.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

I'm closer to 40 than 30 and remember going on YouTube sometimes before it got big. It was pretty shit compared to other video streaming sites back then. I don't get how it won.

 No.228680

>>227310
Does the name Reiko ring any bells?

 No.228681

>>227140
You say the A.I was childlike and that the world seems to be using imageboards as a template, right? Since it's so careless in these additions to reality does that mean it doesn't understand the context behind our desires but tries to make them real out of some sort of "kindness?"

 No.228780


 No.228784

>>227266
>it happened in a very sudden non organic way

It happened because a shitload of "normalfag" college students, and a lot of succubi among them, started to post on 4chan, mainly on /gif/ and it was all because of /pol/'s involvement with late gamergate and the posterior 2016 elections.

Usually 4chan posters where STEM autists, but now that liberal arts and social science fags started posting they brought their black cock worship with them, right now there is 3, 3 fucking threads about white men for black cock at /gif/

 No.228787

>>228784
STEM posters in 4chan (and overall /pol/ and /his/) are the worst of all. In /int/ is full of them and most are normalfags from facebook. What the fuck are you talking about?

Stem is not an autist field anymore the overshilling of stem degrees in internet and media saturated it with normalfags

Go project your fantasies in another place poltard

 No.228788

>>228680
Sounds like a guy on discord

 No.228792

>>228784
Obvious pollack is obvious. Even funnier since /gif/ is full of them

This website is lost

 No.228808

>>228787
those are the fricking wrong boards, STEM fags still exist and hang around /g/ and /jp/, they used to be on /a/ as well bedore the latino americans claimed it.r

 No.228809


 No.228811

>>228784
Since you complain so much perhaps you people can go back to 4chad to defend and regain your stupid politics board instead of invading and infesting this site of us, don't you think?

 No.228818

>>228498
If you're talking about the guy in this thread calling everyone /pol/ then yeah he's a little off although I don't see how you get communist talking points from him, or how you thought that I was him. He's called me a LARPing poltard before too and I don't really know why.

 No.228824

>>228818
There's more than one person calling you out. Wizchan is not pol's ally or whatever they do believe

 No.228879

>>227140
simple. loss of anonymity means a tattle tale system. so china controls the who,e i ternet now. they have at least 100,000 people to devote to each westerner (in counter attack situations, on an ongoing basis just 1,000. all numbers multiplied by at least 10 in appearance because of aliases driven by bots).

the internet already was controlled by kikes, and chinks copied them. you can no more criticize china than israel and have your account last a month thereafter. they use many tricks, and play upon the mods like a virtuoso. anti kike and anti chink positions are thus impossible to find in persistent accounts.

to bring back the internet, bring back anonymity.

 No.228895

>>228809
> Janice Brandt is an American businesswoman and vice chair emeritus of America Online/Time Warner. She is known for her famous direct marketing campaign at AOL that increased the number of subscribers from 200,000 to more than 22 million.
just.

 No.229575

Seems strange that people who started browsing in 2006 can call themselves oldfags. Maybe I'm being a crotchety elitist in some way, it just blows my mind how much time has passed when those days seem not so long ago..

 No.231145

>>227140
Could this be the work of erratas?

 No.231939

Internet bubbles quell revolutions. They force sheep to flock to the prism type sites. There no one is acting truly human, being overly watched and all. We originally had no money nor personal information online. Now all most use it for is personal infomration and money. It's pay per view number two plus the yellow pages. If you see.

 No.231941

File: 1573764470392.jpg (51.69 KB, 345x555, 23:37, 9781785784781.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>231939
>Internet bubbles quell revolutions.
made me think of this book I've read recently, though I guess most of us were already familiar with the content to a certain degree
at least I can see where the people suspicious of tor are coming from now

 No.232996

>>227342
>believes in gassings

You just lost some two or three lessons there at any chan's /pol/, wizkid.

 No.233020

File: 1575408814031.gif (11.11 KB, 519x354, 173:118, oscillations.gif) ImgOps iqdb

>>227266
Your assumption is that a bot would have a specific goal set by a human user. Rather, it can have fluid goals and analyze trends, intensifying them.
The bots might decide daily goals by analyzing google trends, for example.
However, it's an unstable feedback loop since the initial suggestions feed on themselves. I have the suspicion every weekly meme on facebook is an almost randomized experience such bots push. They are always sight variations of a theme, which is blandness.

 No.233031

>I think Zuckerberg and other tech guys were all on 4chan as Anons at some point, maybe even now.
That feel when Zuckerberg probably called you a retard not liking his taste in cartoons


[View All]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]