[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]

/lounge/ - Lounge

The Wizard's Lounge
Email
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1631192481952.gif (14.22 KB, 500x1000, 1:2, watch.gif) ImgOps iqdb

 No.276241[Last 50 Posts]

No politics or religion in the crawl thread, please.
>Ambient sounds to wash away distraction
https://asoftmurmur.com/

 No.276244

>>276242
I honestly didn't realize this is an actual watch. I just wanted an image that's easy to find if you're quickly browsing /all/ and I feel this gif really grabs my attention. It's probably the vibrant red lines on a black background.

 No.276246

>>276244
>I honestly didn't realize this is an actual watch

I somehow doubt you never heard of timex or never seen such a iconic design before.
It would be like you saying you never hear or seen a rolex before. I simply wouldn't believe you under most circumstances.

 No.276247

only ate pringles today and I am too lazy to heat up any food or order take away uber eats. such is life
>>276242
What is the origin of the gods they have? why do you mock these people though wiz?

 No.276248

>>276246
not him but I know timex is real but I never saw one that looked like that

 No.276249

>>276246
never heard of timex at least in what I can recall and I am not even a zoomer. are you in asia or something where watches are extremely popular?

 No.276250

>>276246
I know of Timex and Casio, I just didn't notice Timex was written in there before I posted it.

 No.276252

>>276251
I don’t think they made it all up. There must’ve been some logic to it. Their logic just included the use of magic or powers.

 No.276253

>>276249
I don't believe you but I don't care enough to argue something so stupid.

 No.276254

>>276246
I’ve heard of Rolex plenty of times, but I’d never be able to identify any of their models.

 No.276257

I want to buy a smartwatch. Amazfit maybe.

 No.276260

>>276257
Why do you want a NSA tracking collar?

 No.276262

>>276260
What makes you think they give a shit about smartwatches when every other piece of internet connected tech is already a thing that can be used for spying?
There are zero people who have a smart watch that don't also already have a smart phone, rendering your point of paranoia redundant and trivial.

 No.276264

>>276262
If they already use all the other technology to track you, that doesn’t really excuse another piece of technology that tracks you.

 No.276270

>>276264
your point of paranoia redundant and trivial.
All tech can be used to track you.
Unless you point is that no one should ever get any tech ever because "they" are out to get you, then your whole argument is dumb. A smart watch isn't any more likely to be used for such things then any of the devices you currently are using, probably less.

 No.276271

>>276270
I just don’t see the point in enabling a device that easily performs its function using low tech to track and monitor you. Especially when, as you suggest, it’s likely you already have a smartphone that can track you and do everything a smart watch can anyway.

 No.276277

>>276271
Why are you using a computer?

Stop using a computer right now. Don't you know "they" are using it against you right now?
Get off the computer.
Get off NOW!

 No.276279

quiet, intimidating weirdos get falsely accused of rape, murder and retail theft all the time.
the one thing that could save you is having your computer and phone track your movement and activity, allowing the police to see you haven't been anywhere except work and home for your entire adult life.

but, some /pol/ and /g/ LARP union has convinced you deactivate these and make your internet experience worse by using linux shite, assuring your one alibi is gone.

all for what? heh. you're scared of the government tracking for what? isn't that stuff for political insurgents? do you think they are interested in what minimum wage losers with no friends are doing? do you think they blackbag random minimum wage workers for fun, and you'll be saved from that if you use a flip phone and linux?

 No.276280

>>276279
And when the government in prisons you for posting on the crab terror site known as wizchan you can die happy knowing you weren’t accused of rape.

 No.276281

narcissism. im convinced linux users and /pol/ LARPers believe that they're the protagonist of a Matrix movie and that the whole world is interested in them and what they're doing.

 No.276282

i'm convinced that a large portion of users on this website would turn the boards into a porn dump if the rules allowed it.

 No.276284

>>276277
I’m not schizophrenic, I just have reasonable doubt. The fact everyone is so accepting of the routine invasion of privacy and large surveillance shows how fucked we all are anyway.

 No.276287

>>276284
>he is still using the computer

Oh no, now "they" have exactly what they need to do the bad things to you.
You should have listened and got off the computer while you still could. Too late now.
Best just bend over and expose your butt hole to the space laser or whatever the fuck now. It's all over.

 No.276288

>>276287
Look how the normalfag belittles and accuses while he himself is licking the boots of a government that wishes to exploit him.

 No.276295

>>276260
I am not a mutt.

 No.276296

>>276295
And you think your government, or local corporations, will leave you alone?

 No.276297

>>276296
I'm not a celebrity politician with the world's eyes on me like you believe you are.

 No.276299

>>276297
There’s enough eyes out there for all of us.

 No.276302

>>276288
>when in doubt call them a normalfag
Only one being a normalfag here is you for using brainless name calling when you can't handle banter.
Besides, you don't even actually give a shit about government this or that. You were just being a crab as usual and using a thinly disguised excuse to shit on something someone else likes since shitting on others is your only source of esteem.

 No.276315

Downloaded FL studio again.
So bored might as well mess around with some loops and see if I can make a few complete songs while I am recovering.

 No.276319

Computers and smartphones are tracking devices, but they are a lot more useful than the myriad internet-of-things junk on the market like watches, vacuums, toothbrushes and all that gimmicky crap.
The creepy thing with watches is the pervasive obsession with quantification of every aspect of life, down to the most mundane. How did we live up to now without checking our heart frequency everyday, or making sure we have had enough water in a given day? The people who use these things are beneath farm animals.

 No.276320

I know I'm late to the party of this one, but this has some of the most fluid animation I've ever seen, and the action scene near the end is how I imagined DBZ fights in my head before I realized it was just jump cuts and yelling for 20 minutes.

 No.276321

>>276296
I believe they're very incompetent and actually a hostile takeover by China would make our prospects better. If I can do my part by buying Xiaomi products, buy I shall.

 No.276323

>>276319
I find it funny that you separate smart watches and smart phones.
Watches can be used to find out if you have sleep apnea or if quality of your sleep is better or not, or how many steps a day you take. Measuring heartrate is useful for sports, it's always some extra info. People haven't calculated calories for thousands of years too, does it mean it's silly when someone keeps track of it? Don't know why you people get your panties in a twist over what you don't need but others do.

 No.276324

>>276282
They're already attempting it with furry and trans threads that appear here time to time because a porn dump thread isn't enough.

If the mods were actually true to the wizard life they claim to lead then they would ban all porn on the boards including the porn dump thread.

 No.276325

>>276319
>You were just being a crab as usual and using a thinly disguised excuse to shit on something someone else likes since shitting on others is your only source of esteem.
>The people who use these things are beneath farm animals.

So just proving me right.
The only think you actually care about is shitting on other people while rasing yourself up based on arbitrary nonsense.
You are both a crab and hyper disingenuous. Simple as that.

 No.276338

>>276325
I am shitting on a commercial fad I do not understand. Ever seen someone using a brand new widget and think to yourself "woah what's the point?"

>>276323
>People haven't calculated calories for thousands of years too, does it mean it's silly when someone keeps track of it?
You answered your own question. This fascination with raw numbers, with quantification is a disturbing tendency, and the fact that people are willingly doing this to themselves is pathetic. I assume the demographics that are the early adopters are most likely the upper middle class professionals who are used to this in their work, ie the obsession with metrics, performance assessments and the likes. This is the kind of thing where imo the negatives generally outweigh the positives by a significant margin, I mean, is it healthy to keep track every day of all that stuff, let alone upload it somewhere? Are we not made to be anxious enough about our health?

>Don't know why you people get your panties in a twist over what you don't need but others do

They want it, they don't need it. It won't be long I suppose before life gets nearly impossible without one (like computers and smartphones among other things), or there are such strong incentives to be reliant on them that they might as well become mandatory, like insurance companies rewarding good behaviour. But that's conspiracy theory talk, right. I am sure it would never come to that lol.

 No.276340

>>276325
btw I don't know what you are getting mad at me for, that post you replied to was my first on this topic.

 No.276342

>>276338
I too lament the state of the world, but might as well have fun with the gimmicks it provides before I die.

 No.276363

>>276338
>>276340
Shut up alasken.
You are just a troll and a shitposter and nothing more.

 No.276410

File: 1631404958380.jpg (38.01 KB, 400x362, 200:181, Montana.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>276241
Looks like Montana watches (made in China), popular in the USSR and post-Soviet times.

 No.276411

>>276363
If you are serious seek help, if not you are unfunny.

 No.276412

File: 1631406934083.png (1.25 MB, 711x957, 237:319, 23611126.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>276244
>I honestly didn't realize this is an actual watch
I did.

 No.276442

>>276244
>I honestly didn't realize this is an actual watch.

How?

 No.276449

Horror movies don't scare me.

Shit like this keeps me up at night though. Fucking horrifying.

 No.276450

>>276410
Good stuff, I've been meaning to get a watch and the cheap ones in walmart look decent…I guess, I wonder if those are sold there. My only watch is a 39 year old seiko tv watch that I'm scared to accidentally damage.

 No.276469

i hate websites that hijack CTRL-F. why firefox allows this i dont know. instead of using the browser's search function to jump through stuff, some website hijack it and bring you to their website search mechanic. fucking aids

 No.276481

>>276469
What sites do that?
I have yet to come across one that did what you describe, but I don't use ctrl-f super regularly so I probably have less exposure.

 No.276482

>>276469
lol, also makes me think of websites that hijack your scrolling so that it's "smooth" even when you have smooth scroll turned off and it looks like shit

 No.276505

Dumbass housemates hid my mail

 No.276507

>>276505
this is a serious breach

 No.276508

>>276505
That sucks, hope you get everything sorted or kick their ass for fucking with your mail.

 No.276515

Watches used to be a practical device and also a status symbol. Now everyone has a mobile phone that automatically updates the time, so watches are now only a status symbol. I heard on the radio once that wristwatches used to be a dogwhistle for gay men, but that must have been long before I was born.

 No.276516

>>276515
we dont all own phones

 No.276517

>>276515
I don't own a normiephone, who the hell wants to reach into his pocket and pull something out just to check the time anyway, a wrist watch is practical, and isn't spying on you.

 No.276518

>>276517
> a wrist watch is practical.
Not as practical as having a computer in your pocket that can do a zillon things well rather then one thing mediocrely.
Watches keep worse time because they don't auto update and slip time when bumped. I have broke more back when I wore watches because it is strapped to the wrist rather then totally out of the way and safe in a pocket.
They are just functionally worse time keeping devices then cellphones on every practical level, while cellphones have more features and uses.
Wrist watches are now just jewelry.

 No.276519

>>276518
>Not as practical as having a computer in your pocket that can do a zillon things well rather then one thing mediocrely.
when would this be handy? what zillion things would you ever need to do away from your home computer system?

 No.276520

>>276518
>Not as practical as having a computer in your pocket that can do a zillon things
stopped reading there if you want to be so dense you assume that multi-functionality is the measure to judge things, we're just talking about telling the time, not browsing pornhub, shitposting and calling your friends on the normiephone in your pocket

 No.276521

>>276519
Tune out normies and avoid conversation through the combination of on-demand streaming audio and headphones is one thing that I regularly use my smartphone for.
As well as being able to use the internet when away from my main computer.
Use it as a bike computer when on rides as well as a map/gps system to never get lost.
Even works as a flashlight and mirror when I need such things.

It's like asking why carry a mult-tool when you aren't in your shop have a tool shop at home.

Hell, there have been times when I have been at the computer playing games, and used the smartphone to look up something as to not have to close the game or tab out.

 No.276522

>>276520
Post already explained why a phone is better as a time keeping device then a wristwatch on a practical level.

Read nigger.

 No.276523

>>276522
post was about a dubious anecdote and you being too lazy to set a watch and thinking fragile electronics you need to reach around for is more convenient than looking down at your wrist, it was totally irrelevant

 No.276524

File: 1631591072151.png (194.41 KB, 480x360, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>276523
Oh so you did read the whole post and you are just being a idiot with nothing rational to say as usual.
Go do something useful like reading a book.

 No.276525

>>276524
you're such a shitposter, mutt, we don't all own phones, you don't need to jump in and aggressively prove they're better than wristwatches for telling time (by mentioning their irrelevant other functions) because you aren't changing our minds

 No.276526

>>276525
>hey everyone, Look it's me the alasken
>aka the dogfucker
>you know it's me because I use the same buzzwords that I use to violate rule 8
>please pay attention to me and my never ending vacume of attention seeking as I act like a jackass and fight about everything all the time
>did I meantion I need attention and need to be identifiable at all times
>because everyone else is a shitposer but not me
>me constantly attacking people and causing strife for my own need for replies is totally not shitposting

Fuck off retard. You never have anything productive or correct to say about anything ever.

 No.276527

>>276526
you called me a nigger and an idiot first, shitposter

 No.276528

>>276527
Shut the fuck up dogfucker.
No one cares what you have to say.
Leave this site and never come back.

 No.276529

>>276524
I haven't read any of your posts, nor have I read any of your opponents posts. I've always just wanted to jump into the middle of a debate where someone says "Go read a book" and ask them…

What do you suggest?

I've always wondered what someone would end up suggesting while being infuriated in the middle of a debate.

 No.276530

Wow, what the fuck happened to this thread. Who gets this heated about clocks? Seriously chill out, people.

First of all, people used pocketwatches long before wristwatches were in vogue. Cell phones are the modern pocketwatches.

Also, many timepieces were calibrated by satellite before cellphones were commonplace, and their position can't be tracked. So it is entirely possible to have an automatically updated watch that is untrackable.

 No.276531

>>276529
Basic Economics is a good one.
Really any valid economics book helps better understand the world and how it actually works, so would be a good use of time.

I have also heard good things about Critical Thinking Skills: Developing Effective Analysis and Argument (2nd Edition) by Stella Cottrell, though I personally haven't read that particular book
Really reading something on the subject of critical thinking and reason that touches on the structure of it is good. Learning how to think properly is extremely useful.

 No.276532

>>276530
> Also, many timepieces were calibrated by satellite before cellphones were commonplace

Oh really.
Can you give several examples of such "timepieces"?
And to keep things in context for the purposes of discussion stationary clocks do not count.

 No.276533

I like watches because they have much longer battery life and no potential to distract me with mindless bullshit for hours on end. I would imagine people that use watches to track the time are generally more inclined toward practical uses of time than the average phone user.

 No.276534

Weird thread.

>>276319
>The creepy thing with watches is the pervasive obsession with quantification of every aspect of life, down to the most mundane
Agreed. I hate having the time shoved in my face. I turn off clocks even in my home. It feels good to not worry about how much time is passing. Live freely like a cat that just follows the sunlight for time. Watches are some wageslave shit to help you be on time for you slave appointments and get your 'work' done on time.


>>276279
Slave mentality. I would rather be dead than be watched and tracked my whole life. The knowledge that you're being surveilled affects you profoundly

 No.276535

>>276532
True, I only know of stationary timepieces that do this. However, gps satellites continually broadcast the time with high precision. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be possible to make an untrackable satellite-calibrated wristwatch, if one doesn't already exist. The only difficulty would be when moving to a different time zone, which even cell phones can fuck up.

 No.276536

>>276534
>Watches are some wageslave shit to help you be on time for you slave appointments
well I am mildly autistic and I prefer to do certain thing at exact certain times, I wake up at 7am and rest on the couch for exactly 2 hours,I take a shower at 10am, I eat at 12pm, I wash dishes at 1pm, then I do a bit of what I want and eat at 6pm and get to bed by midnight, it’s very important for me to know the time

 No.276537

>>276534
Not everyone has the luxury of shedding every single temporal obligation, as nice as it would be to.

 No.276541

>>276530
>>276532
>>276535
More common timepiece calibration back before smartphones was via radio. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_clock

I had one of these that came out of a bank - When daylight savings time came around the clock would whirl around 11 hours to get to the correct time, since it couldn't go backwards.

GPS time sync needs a bunch more circuitry, and didn't really become common before GPS watches and those discrete GPS units in I think the early 2000s or so.

 No.276542

>>276541
>talking about watches
>hey here is a wiki thing I found about clocks that use radio waves to still be worse at keeping time then cellphones
Good job. You almost had something relevant to say. Almost.

 No.276545

File: 1631610728970.jpg (10.25 KB, 346x250, 173:125, 1529578219807.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>276542
>doesn't know what timepiece means

 No.276548

>>276530
why would you need to get updated time anyway, my five dollar Casio watch loses or gains a second like every month or two, actually I haven’t calibrated it in 2 or more years and it’s only 9 seconds behind

 No.276554

>>276320
Garbage animation and embarrassing everything else. Feel bad about yourself zoomer.

 No.276555

it's hot and humid, i hate days like these

 No.276556

Recommend me some VPNs that aren't blocked to hell everywhere.

 No.276557


 No.276558

>>276557
Do it.

 No.276588

Gonna mix sleepy time easy nap drugs with drinky time beer drink.
bye

 No.276592

Somehow a tree frog got in my room and is now randomly hopping around and making annoying noises.

Can't seem to catch the bugger and it is starting to get on my nerves.

 No.276594

>>276592
Gave up on trying to catch it alive.
Shot it with my bb gun.
Pretty sure I got a head shot too, but the gun wasn't quite powerful enough to do the job so it just stunned it.
If it has any brains left then maybe it will now leave before I pull out my air rifle and blow the thing apart and put a hole in the wall.
Obviously not going to use real guns indoors on a dumbass frog though.

 No.276604

there's been a new season of beastars out since january and I had no freaking idea, I want to die

 No.276605

>>276604
Is there a reason why you can't just watch it now?
Is it a limited time thing or something?
Did you really miss anything?

 No.276606

>>276605
well, one could die at any time
woulda been nice to know this shit 9 whole months ago, sigh

 No.276607

>>276606
You aren't dead right now so what is the problem?

 No.276608

>>276607
I already explained it

 No.276609

>>276608
Not well apperently because I still don't see any problem here.
You are here, the show you want to watch is here too.
There is nothing stopping you from enjoying the show you want to watch right now.
Better late then never after all.

 No.276610

>>276604
can you please explain to me how the fuck you're excited for such a shit show?
the entire premise and setting is broken and nonsensical in like 50 different places if you think about it for just a few seconds, and the characters have zero personality or character development moments whatsoever.
so you got no setting and no character, and absolutely retarded shit happens all the time like "i have a prey instinct that makes me WANT to be eaten xD"

you're phoneposting and seem like you're not too bright so i don't expect any answer actually. i'm going to just go ahead and probably correctly assume that the show is for people who just get excited for watch anything with no consideration for the quality just to pass the time. many normalfags these days just have total trash streaming 24/7 and probably couldnt even tell you what is happening in the plot or why they like it. im assuming beastars is a prime contender for that subhuman species.

 No.276613

>>276610
Jeez man, calm down and get off that high horse.

 No.276615

>be me
> hate succubi
> gets arrested for disturbing the peace
> unable to find employment
> live in fathers basement
> cry

 No.276617

>>276615
did you rage at some guy with a gf in public or something

 No.276621

What are some cool obscure mythical creatures?

 No.276623

>>276613
yeah yeah, i already predicted your non-response lol.

 No.276626

>>276621
Any particular region or mythology you most interested in?
Is modern stuff ok too?
How obsuce are you looking for?
Could you give a little more something to go on. It's kind of a really broad subject.

Most important question.
Why?

 No.276630

>>276615
>literally posted a greentext starting with "be me"
Kill self zoomer.

 No.276645

>>276609
I was obviously talking about possibly dying in the past 9 months, not now, not the future from now. Goddamn it. You people are so dense sometimes it's like you're pretending to be stupid.
>>276610
go feel yourself to your moeshit

 No.276655

>>276645
You’re not missing out on much though. I read a ton of the beastars manga, and it starts getting real stupid. If you like the crazy kind of stupid like Baki, then you’ll enjoy it though. It just was not for me.

 No.276683

>>276655
grappler baki? I saw that crap on HBO 20 years ago, I don't see how it might compare

 No.276684

>>276615
lurk moar

 No.276731

File: 1631833899481.png (421.92 KB, 800x800, 1:1, 69611ac27eab5dcc758c4ade7a….png) ImgOps iqdb

been taking naps during my break at work and it seems like I get more vivid dreams during the short 2 hours or so, compared to when i sleep 7-10 hours at night.. like my brain knows it only has 120 minutes to keep me entertained so it throws these grand adventures at me that seem to drag on for hours. last night i saw a favored anime succubus, she was out of reach but still it was nice to see her enjoyng herself in my dream realm.

 No.276734

>>276683
Keep reading/watching beastars and I think you’ll see. Also the mangaka of beastars is the daughter of Baki’s.

 No.276744

>>276734
Don't care. I'm not sensitive to cartoons getting stupid. They aren't supposed to be shakespeare. I know people these days expect them be realistic or serious or meet some HUGE standard of quality that the creators never even promised. Those people have weird expectations.

 No.276753

File: 1631862924758.jpg (1.05 MB, 1000x850, 20:17, Onzai.Momotaro.full.205986….jpg) ImgOps iqdb

what if you had a cute shoulder pet to go on adventures with?
what if he could speak english too (・ω・)

omg I always wanted a talking shoulder pet like in anime

 No.276754

>>276753
Not a fan of such mascot characters in fiction.

IRL your options are limited to trained birds/parrots if you want something that can kinda sorta speak.

 No.276758

>>276754
bet you'd be a fan if they were shoulder sized succubi

 No.276759

>>276758
That would be even worse.
Just reminds me of Navi only likely even less useful.

 No.276760

>>276758
you say this like it would be a bad thing

 No.276761

>>276758
Like a Draph? I'd cast aside my wizardry and fuck it in every hole and pit, yes.

 No.276765

>>276760
well yeah, we're talking about 3D here

 No.276774

Found a sushi place that does an eel bento meal and delivers to my job. Gonna eat good and make work pay for it!!!!

 No.276775

>>276765
>3d
>with the implication of real life and not cgi
>shoulder sized fairy person
We are firmly in the realm of fantasy here.

 No.276776

>>276775
He means that the shoulder sized succubus would still have the fickle ill-tempered personality of a regular succubus.

 No.276779

>>276774
that sounds nice. how was the eel bento?

 No.276780

>>276775
When I said "what if," I meant here in this world, and all that implies.

 No.276786

I've grown a real soft spot for made in china goods, low price and high quality, feels good man

 No.276788

>>276779
It was very nice. The eel was a lot more tender than I've had and nearly melted in my mouth. There were a lot of fried vegetables and rice in the meal too. I ordered a seafood fried rice on the side because I thought the bento box was a small meal but it came out to be a two and a half pounds of food so I'm eating the rice now for breakfast.

 No.276789

>>276786
I really can't remember a made in china product that I would describe as high quality.
They are low price but you get what you pay for when it comes to china made goods compared to other countries that cost more.

 No.276790

>>276789
I have had some really cheap stuff that was strangely high quality

 No.276791

>>276790
Guess you got lucky or something.
Good for you I guess, just hasn't been my experience with things made in china.

 No.276792


 No.276793

So much stuff on Amazon, even pricey junk like GPUs, have this little tickbox on the listing that says "apply $n coupon". A piece of hardware I want but don't need has one to save $420 off it's $1,350 price. It doesn't apply automatically though. I wonder how many poor saps pay sticker price after missing this tiny little box. I probably bought things in the past and missed it.

>>276792
Nice, I didn't know about this. I'm sure many wizards here will get good use out of it

 No.276794

>>276789
the myth of ye olde High Price = High Quality again huh

do you know what sets those high prices? lol

 No.276801

>>276794
>things that wasn't said the post

Was talking about the other end of the price spectrum. No one in the thread made that argument at all. You are just strawmaning.

 No.276802

>>276789
isnt virtually everything production-wise outsourced to china anyways. i cant think of a single product in my home that i can say with certainty isnt made in china, india, or mexico.

 No.276803

>>276802
Nah, I got stuff from all over the world.

 No.276804

>>276801
>I'm not talking about something's price tag representing its quality
>I just used an aphorism which means precisely that
c'mon now anon

 No.276805

>>276804
No one is obligated to defend the strawman you constructed so stop trying.

 No.276807

>>276805
you said it, not me

 No.276810


 No.276811


 No.276813

>>276811
Get a life Alaskan

 No.276814

>>276813
after you floridian

 No.276816

File: 1632039345102.jpeg (115.04 KB, 1440x876, 120:73, ELGY6pHUUAAzyz7.jpeg) ImgOps iqdb

Live-Action Dragon Ball Z TV Show Reportedly Coming To Disney Plus

 No.276819

File: 1632043064866.gif (200.79 KB, 220x170, 22:17, tenor (1).gif) ImgOps iqdb

There is a thing (game) I like, but apparantly some retard wrote the wikipedia-article in my language and kind of puts the whole thing in a very bad light citing random forum/comments, so now whenever I would mention that i like that thing people will think i am a sick fuck when they open the wikipedia article, great

 No.276820

>>276816
Why Disney?
Toei has enough cash to fund a project if they wanted.

Then again no matter who makes it it's a stupid idea that will suck.

 No.276824

>>276819
>Wikipedia
>Citing random forum comments
Any chance you can post it? I would have so much fun editor-trolling this one. You can lawyer the rules for "proper citations" in Wikipedia so goddam much it's not even funny. And then even WHEN the citation is "technically allowed" you can add all these weasel words under the guise of "providing proper context to the article" that it pisses people off so much it's funny.

Seriously, I would have a lot of fun with this, I think.

t. Person who dragged someone into an editing war over the Mr. Clean Wikipedia article.

 No.276827

>>276816
There's a specific time and place for things to exist and I don't think people want to recognise that.

 No.276836

Strange how every norm website wants you to sign up now to even view basic content. Businesses have information on Twitter, facebook, Instagram and just trying to view it they demand you have an account. They never used to.

 No.276837

>>276836
Pisses me off as well. Most businesses realized that, "Hey, if our sites load 0.3s slower, then people won't stay to read our content!" and it gradually morphed into, "In order to use our site we'll need to know the name of your firstborn."

It's because of this that the only sites I visit anymore are imageboards.

 No.276838

>>276836
it's so they can get your email address, sell it to spammers and let Big Data watch your online patterns for "terrorist" inclinations

 No.276840

>>276838
It really surprises me how many people give real information. Like, you can give a fake phone number. Even if you get caught, you can just say it got changed/discontinued. Even then, it's perfectly alright to tell some bullshit website that you're Susan Denaulti from North Kassuth Maineconsin. At the very least use a 33mail account so you can know which pieces of shit sell your info (speaking of which, I did this to figure out that even the fucking post office sells your info).

 No.276892

>>276840
The sites that ask for phone numbers generally will then send you a confirmation code through text message and require you to input it if you want to log in to the site.
You could have some throwaway SIMs that you use specifically to sign up to different sites, but that's beyond what most normgroids are willing to do. On top of that in some countries you can't even get an anonymous SIM card, you need to provide some identification when buying it or when first using it.

 No.276896

I searched for my oven model in google and got zero results. Duckduckgo gave me a ton of results. Is google trying to prevent DIYers from fixing their shit now?

 No.276897

>>276896
had the same experience with our micvrowave and fridge and suspected the same thing

 No.276898

>>276896
I stopped using google (except for google maps) a couple of years ago because they practically broke most of their products, especially their flagship google search, which has gotten more and more shit for years.

 No.276904

Apparently cake walk was a kind of dance way back in the day.

 No.276914

Apparently there are sites that can prevent you from being able to use most of the mouse functions like right click and highlighting things without jumping through hoops and disabling shit.
My question is why?
Why disable basic functionality intentionally and with a great effort.

 No.276917

im looking for the name of a movie. do you remember wizzies a couple years ago somebody organized a wizard movie night on cytube or something like that? and we watched this british movie about a couple neets that leave the city and live in a cabin. i cant remember the name of it

 No.276918

>>276917
Can you summarize the plot?

 No.276920

>>276918
i barely even remember. i think one of the guys almost got raped by the landlord of the cabin. basically i just remember it started in this city, they left to go to some cabin like in the midlands and they tried to survive on their own and like collect firewood and shit. then this guy tries to rape one and thats all i rememver

 No.276922

>>276920
I am sorry but that really isn't enough to go on. At least not for me.

 No.276924

>>276922
oh nevermind i found it. its called withnail and i

 No.276925

>>276924
Looks unpleasant…
Well I am happy for you that you found what you were looking for.

 No.276949

I was trying to figure out why my oven took forever to preheat when I did this >>276896

Results told me to replace oven igniter. I finally got around to checking it today and yep, my oven igniter is broke as all fuck. The coil broke apart into pieces as soon as I removed it. It is amazing that it worked well enough to even ignite the gas.

 No.276960

Well just fuck my shit up sideways.

My fridge/freezer broke and now everything is thawing/melting/warming.
It has been making weird noices for awhile (like over a year). But I awoke to silence and a puddle on the floor. The lights still come on and the fans spin, I kind of sorta got it to come on, but there is a click every 30 seconds and it doesn't really get going. I am not sure if it's part of the electronics or if the compressor finally died. Ether way I am not a fridge repair man and have no clue what the hell I am doing. I just know it will be the biggest pain in the ass ever to remove/replace this fridge due to the layout of the room it's in and how big the fridge is. I will literally have to remove everything in the room going to the fridge, which will take all day, then drag the heavy motherfucker all throughout the building, then get a replacement, which this time I will put in the front of the room rather then all the way in the back so I will never have to deal with this shit again.

I am tempted to just leave it where it is and get a mini-frige/freezer as a replacement and put that in the front of the room. It waste space that I could be using but it would also save me a full day worth of work moving nearly everything I own out the way to move the thing.
Not even sure if it will fit through the door way without damage because the frame has been changed since the fridge has been installed.

Fucking shit balls. I hate this.

 No.276986

>>276960
Just ate so much fucking salmon because it defrosted.

Now the fridge is warmer then room temperature. Spend the night eating all the stuff the cost over $2 that won't last the day unrefrigerated.
Since even if I figure out for sure what is wrong with the thing it will still take two weeks for the part to be delivered, I am just going to get a mini fridge for now and use that until I figure out how to repair the damn thing.
I feel like a fat ass from having to eat so much over the course of a night.
Still have more to go but just can't eat more without throwing up. So it will probably end up in the trash. Oh well.

 No.277002

>>276960
If you hear a click, then that's probably the relay to the compressor. The compressor makes the most noise, so it sounds like the bearings in the compressor got shot.

I don't know where you're at financially, but some places will deliver new appliances if you're looking to get a new fridge that way.

If you're single, a mini-fridge or deep freeze might be a better replacement and a good idea.

I guess a better way to look at it might be that now you have the opportunity to clean out some stuff you have in your room anyways?

>>276986
Pardon the naive questions. Do you live alone? How did you accumulate so much food?

 No.277006

>>277002
I do live alone, I buy enough food to last about a week and a half not counting reserves of non-perishables.
So as you can imagine eating about half a week's worth of food in a day was a bit much.

As for the fridge situation, I will get a mini fridge tonight/tomorrow and a multimeter.
Mini fridge handles me needs for refrigeration and multimeter will help me tell what the hell is wrong with the old one. If it's something I can relatively easily repair myself then I will fix it, if not then fuck it.

 No.277007

>>277002
>If you're single
You know what I mean. If you live alone v. live w/your parents/some bs roommate.

 No.277021

>>276986
couldn't you have just brined and smoked the fish

 No.277029

File: 1632366781212.jpg (3.6 MB, 3072x2304, 4:3, IMG_0647.JPG) ImgOps iqdb

found some old timey suitcase someone dumped at a charity bin because the handle broke
it's wood and leather and brass
dunno what I'm gonna stick in it
maybe my furry porn
honestly getting tired of stacks of paper crashing down everywhere

 No.277032

>>277029
Do you draw the porn yourself? Why is it in a physical format?

 No.277034


 No.277064

>>277029
Why are you sealing from charity bins? Loser.

 No.277134

if movie producers could tap into my nightmares they would revolutionize the horror industry

I'm a sensitive persons, I have no clue how my mind can come up with the monstrosities it shows me in my sleep, sick shit, I don't consume any media that might inspire it, at least I haven't in the last 20 years

it's like maybe all the misery I always feel has connected me to something beyond

 No.277135

>>277134
do you mean you see gore and things when you shut your eyes? I have this time to time myself and it does not matter what you look at.
I wonder why our brain wants to torment us? what sense does that make.

 No.277137

>>277135
yeah but every night, usually monsters/aliens with the power to inflict body horror torturing people with it, the monsters and their physical settings are fantastically scarier than anything I've seen from googling "scariest movie monsters," the body horror is original and distressing in ways that make stuff like The Fly look pale to me in comparison, and the fly made me sick

it's like I'm clairvoyantly seeing hell in my sleep

 No.277139

>>277137
Oh you mean nightmares I thought you meant hallucinations. Try learn lucid dreaming to get out of the nightmares I had a nightmare myself nearly every night. jaja

 No.277143

>>277139
I already have lucid nightmares as well, you know, the ones in which you're the victim and feel the pain of getting chopped apart etc and feel the pain as if it's really happening

 No.277171

File: 1632625267157.gif (1.27 MB, 498x498, 1:1, moxxie-you-what.gif) ImgOps iqdb


 No.277173

I love my robo vac so much. I have dust allergies so I get pretty miserable if there is a dust buildup. The robo vac is slower than me cleaning manually but the beautiful thing is that I am not wasting my time cleaning so it can take as long as it wants.

 No.277174

spotted a huge samsung monitor in a nearby dumpster that some PC store throws good stuff in all the time, the screen didn't look smashed, but somehow my poor bicycle's rear wheel went flat while I was dumpster diving, probably from some bastard's broken beer bottle

it's the same model monitor I had for 6 years until an accident so I couldn't pass up the chance to make things right, otoh my inner tube's fucked, I have one iffy spare and somewhere to go early tomorrow

this monitor better still work is all I'm gonna say

 No.277175

cooking some food will probably fuck it up.
tried watch a movie but I am over movies and cannot be bothered to read. No anime I want to watch and I am not getting into the manga I am reading. I can't go back to sleep so I guess I will just exist with music.

 No.277178

File: 1632647075870.mp4 (3.05 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, te4211488f57836e9e36a54258….mp4) ImgOps iqdb

>>277171
I prefer to have lucid dreams of elves.

 No.277193

>>277178
knife ears are beautiful, based taste

 No.277196

If I were to run a small D&D 5th edition campaign, would any wiz out there be interesting in playing?
The thing is you would need to use a microphone and you would need to listen to my hideous voice a lot. No video of course, mics only. No experience necessary.

I've tried text only a couple of times but it just takes forever to do anything through text and it's just not fun at all after a short while.

 No.277201

>>277196
Not interested in socializing over voice chat. Try Reddit.

 No.277202

>>277201
The reason I'm asking here is because I don't want any social butterflies taking up game time to talk about their personal lives or making sex jokes during the game. If I wanted that I would just have an open table at roll20 and not bother posting here.

 No.277203

>>277196
well I am interested in playing D&D but I am way too afraid to use a microphone, I've tried it before with wizards and I couldn't last more than 2 or 3 sessions before it became too stressful

 No.277216

>>277196
What campaign are you planning on running; what is the play schedule; how well do you know 5e?

 No.277217

>>277216
Addition question, How long are you planing the campaign to last and what kind of campaign is it?

 No.277224

>>277196
If you got your shit together I can play monday and/or tuesday.

 No.277241

>>277224
He doesn't appear to have his shit together.

 No.277321

>>277032
I went insane once and printed out like 50 dollars worth at the library, color prints were still only 25 cents back then.

I like to pin them to my walls.

 No.277325

Has anyone else noticed Amazon's service getting shittier and shittier? It used to be you order something and it's there in 2 days and you could instantly return it online with no hassles. Now there are constant shipping delays, mixed up orders, and you have to call customer service to do a return.

 No.277327

>>277325
I dunno I got a shirt from them once and it didnt fit and when I just clicked some stuff to return it and they told me to just keep it and gave my money back

 No.277328

>>277325
Staff shortages and them wanting people to upgrade to prime.

 No.277329

Been using obscure text boards lately as well as imageboards and I hate how much shitposting there is. I hate reddit but aside from a few gem boards online everyone posts like an actual retard and I am sick of it. too old for this shit

 No.277332

>>277329
The sobering realization is that people always post like retards because most people are in fact retards.

 No.277333

>>277329
What are you even trying to talk about? There comes a point in every community that doesn't get a steady stream of new people/content to discuss where there is nothing left to talk about, every topic has already been covered over numerous times and all that there is left to do is banter with the people who stuck around

 No.277334

>>277333
Everyone is at a different stage.

 No.277372

>binge a video game or show
>finishes it thinking it's the best thing ever
>try to recall the plot
>can't remember anything
I am a retard lmao

 No.277385

>>277372
I watch 5 episodes of one anime. Then 5 of another or an anime movie and start checcin the first batch for the details and screenshots. Often finding myself thinking what's next despite knowing the plot in general.

Watching wrestling one week and then next week forgetting what was going the last week. Or the opposite. A few WWE RAWs in the near past knowing what segment is going to be next and the results as if I'm Bryan Alvarez or an esper.

 No.277491

I want to be drunk but I also dont want to be drunk. It's nice catharsis for feelings but I'm a russian and some of my ancestors were alcoholics. So I just drink nonalcoholic beers lol

 No.277511

Anyone else has a mother or any other relative that will take advantage of any situation to reprimand you about the most innocuous things? Like, a mild cold? it's your fault, you always let the windows open! you never dry your hair properly! that t shirt is falling appart, why won't you buy new ones!
Good grief, give me a break.

 No.277518

>>277511
I've noticed that the people who do this probably do so as a defense mechanism. They have so much shit falling down around them and stuff wrong with themselves that if they chastise others for things, it makes them feel like EVERYONE is terrible, which by comparison makes them feel better.

Tl;dr, crabs in a bucket.

 No.277521

>>277372
hippocampus dysfunction is seen in depression and causes memory loss. I barely remember any of my life because of depression.

 No.277522

>>277518
Everyone IS terrible.

 No.277526


 No.277527

how does this website work wtf

 No.277533

>>277527
Check up the page, where it says: "Rules"

 No.277542

>>277521
It always surprised me when 40-50 year olds remember high school like it was yesterday when I forgot everything that happened more than three years ago and I'm just 30.

 No.277548

Don't believe the normie solutions to normie problems. Take drugs, drugs work.

 No.277550

>>277548
drugs are the most normie solution to any problem ever. Most normalfags are always under the influence of some kind of drug just to cope with them never being able to have wizard powers. you are a three-letter spook.

 No.277561

>>277550
Yeah but not jenkem

 No.277570

I hate having a case for my phone. Too bad this means I crack all my phones almost immediately after buying them. my record was 2 days after buying one.

Thinking of getting a new iPhone, lets see how long it takes for me to crack this one.

 No.277571

>>277570
>iphone

 No.277575

>>277570
>owning a phone
wizchan 2021

 No.277578

File: 1633414616926.png (825.71 KB, 1300x1000, 13:10, ClipboardImage.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>277570
>I hate having a case for my phone.
Why?
It doesn't interfere in any way with the operation of the device.

Also you should really get screen protector.
Lastly stop treating your electronics like shit. You aren't a small child. There is no excuse to consistently break your rather expensive electronics.

 No.277579

>>277571
>>277575
gotta blend in with normies :^)

>>277578
I don't like cases because the phone feels better without one, and slips into your pocket much easier. I don' treat my electronics like shit but the eventual slip is going to happen, especially with phones that have a smooth and slippery finish.

 No.277583

>>277570
>Too bad this means I crack all my phones almost immediately after buying them
get pants with a zipper pocket, that is the only way a phone they days wont fall out, so many time my phone got beat up just because I bent over or sat in a chair, I never thought Id break a phone until one time I put my legs up slightly and my phone fell 2 feet and got completely destroyed

 No.277588

been meaning to buy some short zippers from and sew them into my pants pockets, many times I'm carrying thousands of dollars and get paranoid about losing it, always reaching down there to check if it still exists, etc

 No.277589

>>277588
>many times I'm carrying thousands of dollars and get paranoid about losing it, always reaching down there to check if it still exists, etc
I know that feel.
I don't know why I do it to myself when I have both a bank account and a safe at home. There is almost never a good reason for me to carry that much cash around.

 No.277592

>>277588
>>277589
how do you even get that much money

 No.277594

>>277592
>Have job/income
>Live well within means
>Don't spend money on dumb shit all the time

Main reason is my rent is super low so it is easy to save.

 No.277595

>>277594
why do people even pay more for a "better place" when you can live in a room and survive?

 No.277596

>>277595
There are more reason then flavors of ice cream, many depending on the situation and goals of the person.

Some easy to understand like moving to a safer area, cut a long commute significantly, or the place they currently live is lacking in basic features (for example the place I stay doesn't have hot water on tap). Other reasons are more abstract, like wanting to be somewhere quiet and private, or needing more space for "reasons" whatever they may be, or even wanting to live somewhere ascetically pleasing.

I don't plan to live here forever, but while I live here it is a great chance to save up, which I am taking full advantage of.

 No.277597

rich kids fuck off

 No.277601

>>277597
Nether rich nor a kid.
I have money because I have a job and live within my means.
Simple as that.

If you want a pocket full of money then work for it.
If that shit don't matter to you then don't let what other people have get you down.

 No.277605

Final Smash Bros character is Sora from Kingdom Hearts
what a fail

 No.277607

>>277605
How much of kingdom hearts is even playable on the switch?

 No.277608

>>277607
Kingdumb Farts isn't playable on any console it's bad, a horrible, a game for succubi to sing Disney songs at

 No.277609

>>277605
Just a little disappointing.

 No.277612

>>277597
rich people make the best wizards. If youre poor you have to deal with normies at work or even live with other people like family

 No.277613

I have just ordered a computer desk from Amazon. Nobody could have stopped me if they tried, but luckily nobody even bothered. I will finally have a desk for my computer. It has one-day delivery and had a $20 coupon. I appreciate being able to buy furniture in this fashion.

 No.277616

>>277613
strange coincidence, yesterday I was ripping those fold-out tabs off the bottom of a new keyboard, saying to myself how I don't have a desk anyway

 No.277622

>>277613
One of the main things that I dislike about my current home is that it is a pain in the ass to get anything directly delivered here, and the post office doesn't like "oversized packages" at my PO box.
If I could easily get big shit delivered I would buy everything but food and certain clothing online.

 No.277624

>>277571
Apple products will protect you more from a totalitarian government than google will. Google will hand over your data to the government on a silver plate. Apple goes out of their way to not collect shit just so they are never put in a position to give your data over to the government.

 No.277625

>>277624
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2021/08/07/apple-iphone-users-shock-imessage-update-after-security-warning/

>zero-day pegasus exploits that let law enforcement silently get full access to your phone

>they admit they scan your images on your device
>closed source so people cant even know what code is running
>cant even put different operating system on it or sideload apps
Android is fucked too but it's pretty clear that iPhone is worse. But people like you fall into their advertising about privacy - truly hilarious and pathetic

 No.277626

>>277625
Apple stopped the rollout of that update that after the public outlash. Of course almost no one reported on that:

https://www.govtech.com/public-safety/apple-halts-plan-to-scan-user-photos-after-privacy-criticism

Apple is literally the only tech company to be sued by the government for not giving them a backdoor. Of course the best way to keep your privacy is to go full autist and have custom everything, but if you want an actual decent user experience Apple is the best when it comes to privacy.

 No.277628

Librem 5-USA
100% american made freedom

 No.277632

>>277626
>"delaying the system" as public relations damage management
nobody cares
fuck off with your shilling extremely overpriced scam garbage

 No.277633

All phones are tapped. The only privacy you'll get is to not own one in the first place

 No.277659

bought a hundred million shiba coins for like 10 bucks

now i just wait for it to hit 50k like bitcoin

 No.277663

>>277659
There are 18.8 million BTC and 394,796,000 million SHIB.
So you need to set a more logical target price per coin.

 No.277699

File: 1633653661822.jpg (44.98 KB, 1200x675, 16:9, Algernon Blackwood.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

Can anyone from the UK see if you can easily save this https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-the-reformation-of-st-jules-1949-online and upload somewhere?

I didn't know until now there's actual footage of this author reading his own stories and I've been reading his stuff since I was 11 or so. Quite a find but I can't watch the damn thing, it's region locked.

 No.277700

>>277699
maybe you could use a free browser-attached VPN?

 No.277704

>>277699
https://img.neko.airforce/files/masjcc.mp4
>>277700 is probably best if you want anymore though

 No.277705

>>277700
>>277704
Thanks! Holy shit Blackwood moves like his suit is made of tree bark or something.
Thanks for the tip, I'm looking into some addons for firefox that might do the trick.

 No.277824

Finished making an algorithm. Feeling good

 No.277894

File: 1633986270692.jpg (39.83 KB, 458x600, 229:300, super duper cool an.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

im feeling really happy and i want to talk about it.
im very happy. hooray. yay. yahoo. yayyy. ahhahaha. i love studying. things i like (in order): cryptology, mathematics, programming languages, computer science, linux and computers in general, physics, human languages.
i have a huuuge backlog of books. i love reading. some people say they need breaks, but i can spend all day every day reading, and the more i read the faster i read. the first few books on my backlog will introduce me to higher maths with stuff like proofs and analysis. but im curious and peak into the future sometimes. like ive skimmed over a monograph about representing groups as graphs. i want to read linux from scratch, i have a laptop so i can test it myself. and do things like: install slackware with the fewest amount of packages possible; and hack myself!! im very happy. it will take a long time but eventually i think ill get to cryptology, and then know everything about it.
i dont know my life was very sad and i didnt like it much, i think if someone could know what ive been through theyd say well maybe its not your fault, i dont know it was bad. i wish i could start over, i wish i could have studied like this in my youth, that i could have gotten into stocks and cryptocurrencies when i got interested in them, i think it wasnt meant to be like this. but im very happy near the end i got to study a lot!!!!!… to spend all day every day all alone in a dark room just reading and programming in near absolute silence, some people wouldnt like that, but for me its shiawase. i wish i had gone to a top university, or at least be healthy enough to go to any university, i wish i had a life and a chance. but studying at home isnt half bad, its mai peesu, and i can study like i would have as a child, sort of.
one day i wont be able to live like this anymore, and jump from a tall place like a bridge. dont want to think i could survive or that my last moments will be agonizing… i hope ill fall on my head and die quickly.
i know im very weird and bad and horrible and awful, and no one likes me, but im feeling super, and i wanted to talk about it. im sorry. very sorry for making a post. i promise ill try to never post again, even if i really want to say something. i think this time ill really disappear.

 No.277983

>>277372
You'll remember it more if you don't watch it all at once. Spaced repetition is the best way to form lasting memories.

 No.278013

I attached a dvi plug to an hdmi cable because it's said the signals are identical but the color coding was apparently switched on a particular set of the data+ and shield lines, the wire that's supposed to be green is white, and white is green, I hope it's just a manufacturer mistake, that was a 2 hour job

 No.278016

>>277894
v nice joseph

 No.278019

buying antibiotic cream tonight, an ounce of neosporin is $10 while the store's generic stuff is only $2.65 for an identical weight and formula, there was only one tube of neosporin left but virtually none of the generic was touched

people

 No.278022

>>278019
Fun fact, because or "reasons" related to the supply chain, the store brand usually gets restocked more often then the name brand.
Odds are they probably even have a extra case or two of the store brand in the back room as overstock.
That's usually just how it is.

 No.278023

>>278022
Doubtful. I always look at what people cart around stores, they never shop generic, they all subscribe to name brandism.

 No.278024

>>278023
I knew you would double down on this despite not knowing anything just to argue over nothing.

I know for a fact that people buy the store brand more because it's quite literally part of my job to know these things.
You made a snap assumption that you attached your ego to because it makes you feel better then others. And now that your ego is attached you will defend that faulty assumption to the death of the thread, and use the dumbest of lies and misrepresentations as well as the increasingly irrational arguments to defend that assumption no matter how much of a ass you make of yourself.

So let's just cut to the chase, you have no way of knowing that your assumption is correct. I have no way of proving it incorrect without giving away sensitive information. So let's just agree to disagree before the thread gets derailed when you start with the name-calling.
You can even get the last word in because I know how important that is to you for some reason.

Deal?

 No.278029

>>278024
yadda yadda yadda

I'm talking about what people are like in my part of the world. Maybe folks love to buy generic in your redneck town, but you don't get to make universal statements from that. I see what people here have in their carts. That was a lot of psychoanalysis btw. We get it. You're the big intellectual. Might have used that superior IQ to get a better job than stocking walmart shelves. Lol.

 No.278035

Alaskan shut the fuck up. Go throw a bitch fit in one of your multiple /b/ threads. You'd argue that snow wasn't white if you saw someone here claim it was. Pretending to be contratian and more knowledgeable about everything you read isn't impressing anybody. You're proactively making this website less enjoyable to use by all kinds of wizards with your rampant poor attitude and smug ego.

 No.278036

>>278029
> in your redneck town,
Weren't you bitching about being surrounded by rednecks like a month ago?
And brag about carrying a pointlessly big knife on your hip, which is something only rednecks do.
And complain about how your yard is full of garbage and scrap, which is another hallmark of being a trashy redneck.

I think you are just projecting at this point.

 No.278037

>>278035
As always you make a weird assumption, follow it with long winded IQ signalling, get shown your mistake and respond with name calling and insults. I guess this is how intellectuals argue things.

 No.278038

>>278019
>>278023
some people are really stupid and they dont know what active ingredients are, sometimes when I pick up a med I never had before I have to scour around the shelves for 10 minutes trying to find which box is the generic version, happened to me with eye drops, the drand name is ridiculously priced and they hide the store brand way out of the way

 No.278039

>>278038
>some people are really stupid
And this argument is proof of that.

 No.278040

>>278038
active ingrediant in the same form and amount means it is the same med right? I always buy generic when it is the same thing because why pay for the brand.

is this argument in the thread just samefagging troll? what is even the argument.

 No.278042

>>278040
>what is even the argument.
If you really wanted to know you could just read the thread.

 No.278044

>>277894
you sound so sweet and i wish i knew someone like you <3 if you lurk and see this I hope you are having a good day and if not I hope your bad day wont be as bad as the next. Such a cute and nice poster who is so open and excited about something they love.

please post more it made me feel better a bit

 No.278084

File: 1634235114003.jpg (209.4 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, an.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>278044
i know everyone looks at me with contempt, but i have no one to talk to, only anonymous imageboards, even though frankly theyve become very boring and only very boring people still use them. i dont know. i just like studying and learning. my life is over, i just read and practice all day every day, i like it, but i wish i could be a kid again so i could have a future and wish i were healthy and wealthy enough to go to a good university, when i go to bed i daydream about studying like i am doing now but as a kid instead, and imagine the sort of life i wish i could have had, and didnt because ive had a very bad one instead. i think some people are just good with numbers and computers, i think im one of them, i think i have so much potential, and the dedication to bring it all out, but its too late for me now, and im hopeless. so in short ill live what you could call a very wizardly life, i will spend the rest of my life every day alone reading magic books in a dark room. i want to stop coming back to imageboards and posting "cringe" and be lonely, but its basically muscle habit, sorry.

 No.278109

I really liked the pandemic because I could spend time with my family. There were some small problems but I love all of them and all of them love me. Now I'm back in university, on the other side of the country. Now I'm completely alone and probably will be for a long time even post graduation. This post doesn't belong on /dep/ because I'm not depressed, just sad. And it is OK to be sad sometimes.

 No.278110

File: 1634274075693.gif (1.9 MB, 560x230, 56:23, 1634173226965.gif) ImgOps iqdb


 No.278127

started snowing yesterday and hasn't stopped yet, it hasn't snowed this early in over 20 years and it's clearly here to stay

gonna be a nasty long ass winter, sigh

 No.278143

>>278127
It's the global warming at work.

 No.278144

>>278143
there's no such thing

 No.278145


 No.278147

>>278144
I know, I'm just mocking the concept.

 No.278212

File: 1634489027984.jpg (2.33 MB, 2560x1920, 4:3, 3KhOrsTy_6w.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

Way less zoomers on scooters and bicycles outside.🤠👌

 No.278234

File: 1634498565094.jpg (101.65 KB, 1000x750, 4:3, o.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>order this
>that'll be $20

For that much you can go to an actual restaurant and get a much better burger.

 No.278237

>>278127
>gonna be a nasty long ass winter, sigh
Which is the complete opposite of what policymakers were hoping for, lol. Fuel crisis is about to get a lot worse. Luckily I filled my heating oil tank up during the summer when it was still relatively cheap.

 No.278256

>>278234
>implying it's wasted money
>recommend an even bigger waste of money
here's an idea, cook your own goddamn burger at home for a fraction of the price

 No.278257

>>278256
There is no way to buy the amount of ingredients for just one burger, you will end up with a wasted head of lettuce, most of an unused tomato, a partially used onion, a pack of cheese slices, 7 unused sets of buns

it isnt worth it to make a burger if you are only one person

 No.278258

>>278234
i only get burgers in five guys, not paying $8 for fries and $6 for shake

 No.278259

>>278257
As a single person who occasionally makes burgers for myself I can safely say you are a idiot who probably doesn't actually cook for/take care of yourself.
Go ask your mom or grandma how to food shop and meal plan.
I learned how to do it a 6, it's about time you as a grown ass man finally learn how to do it.

 No.278260

>>278257
what the fuck am i reading, are you retarded? you don't make only one burger and throw away all the stuff you bought then, you make enough burgers to use the ingredients, or refrigerate them for another day

 No.278270

>>278256
That wasn't my point. My point was that five guys is overpriced garbage and if you are willing to pay for a burger and fries just go to a resteraunt to get something that is much better.

Five guys is basically a low tier homemade burger. I'd pay $15 for a quality burger from a restaurant with fancy toppings, but fuck paying $10 for a burger that I can make at home. Literally everything that you can put on a five guys burger is something that has a long shelf life at home, which is what makes their price even more baffling. Their patties are also unseasoned and bland as all fuck. That is what pisses me off about five guys so much, I can easily make a better tasting burger at home for a fraction of the price. McDonalds or Wendy's burgers aren't that great either but they have a unique taste that I cannot replicate at home. Five guys is like a shitty church cookout burger that they charge $10 for and people pay for that for some stupid reason.

 No.278271

why such hostility

 No.278272

>>278271
Burgers are serious business to Americans.

 No.278274

File: 1634550662643.png (702.55 KB, 1138x800, 569:400, Screenshot from 2021-05-27….png) ImgOps iqdb


 No.278277

>>278259
wizchan 2021

 No.278283

>>278260
why would I have to eat burgers multiple times a week?

>>278259
I don’t eat any of those ingredients with anything else and I’m not eating a burger every day for a week

 No.278284

>>278283
You are trying to tell me you only ever eat beef, bread, and veggies in the form of burgers?

I call bullshit on your dumbass.

 No.278285

>>278284
I don’t use lettuce, hamburger buns, or tomatoes or American cheese in anything else, I would have to eat burgers regularly just to get rid of the stuff before it rots, or just go to a burger place and get a burger for $5 and not worry about it

 No.278286

>>278284
>>278285
Actually I don’t use mayonnaise or mustard or pickles for anything else but those keep for a while

 No.278287

>>278285
I am not sure if you are actually retarded or just trolling but either way you are a clown.

 No.278298

>>278285
>never eats bread, cheese or vegetables
what sort of diet do you have then, just pig anus and chitlins

 No.278299

>>278298
I eat real vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. not iceberg lettuce and tomatos slathered in fat sauce. Don't know what I would use bread or american cheese for, some gross sandwich fit for a kindergartener?

 No.278300

>>278299
why would you ever buy american cheese? put real cheese on your burger instead. Nobody says you have to use iceberg lettuce either. Get some brioche buns or whatever you like. Tomatoes are obviously very versatile

 No.278314

>>278299
>real vegetables
geez, didn't know folks are getting snobby about vegetables now too, oh look at me everyone, I eat real vegetables, not that plebian lettuce, lol

you don't know what you'd use those ingredients for? how about for the burgers you admitted to eating earlier, hypocrite, burgers you crave so much you overpay for them

 No.278315

>>278314
I don't eat burgers often, so I'd rather pay $5 for one and not have to deal with the leftover ingredients rotting in the fridge
>I eat real vegetables, not that plebian lettuce
Yeah, because for some reason people have been convinced that eating lettuce smothered in fat sauce is good for you

 No.278316

>>278315
I wasn't talking about whatever "fat sauce" is, if you think lettuce by itself is not a "real" vegetable…well that's just dumb

 No.278350

Had a weird feeling last night of being "watched" and being under some kind of pressure as I was sleeping/half awake, like something was literally on my chest. It spooked me to the point of turning the desk lamp on to get back to sleep.

 No.278357

File: 1634666603985.png (4.07 KB, 862x75, 862:75, truwiz.png) ImgOps iqdb

oh man

 No.278358

>>278357
it was bound to fail, having to personally approve every single post to your website is a massive waste of time and energy

 No.278359

>>278358
>>278357
I thought no one really used it anyway? I checked the site and never seen much activity.

 No.278364

>>278359
>I checked the site and never seen much activity.
Because the admin was never around to approve posts.

 No.278389

>>276914
That's mostly to stop you from copying the text, for copyright and clicking traffic purposes. Money, a few lines of code disabling right-click inconveniencing the user is worth it for more money.

 No.278395

>>278357
>>278358
That's hilarious, what kind of a retarded ass site was that?

 No.278418

test


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]