[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]

/lounge/ - Lounge

The Wizard's Lounge
[]
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]  [Catalog]  [Reload]  [Archive]

 No.228704[Reply][Last 50 Posts]

Comment on some of the stupidest things you've heard dog lovers say about their dogs, dog ownership, or anything dog related in general.

In this youtube video titled Logical Fallacies And Tricks Of Argument Used By Dog Worshippers, this youtuber does a fabulous work dismantling all the bad reasoning that dog lovers use to defend their stupidity and love for this animal.
100% recommended.
111 posts and 14 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.229566

>>229565
They breed this killing machines.

 No.229570

>>229565
>>229566
Pitbulls need to be put down and that breed exterminated

 No.229571

>>229570
I think in general a pretty strict breeding regimen needs to be put into place to improve the gene pool of dogs. We need to breed them to increase intelligence, friendliness, and obedience and reduce aggressiveness, barking, and destructiveness. Some breeds need to be destroyed entirely as well, or at least culled down to just a few.

 No.229572

Female Dog Worshippers conduct an experiment where they sob to test if dogs have empathy for humans. They see the dogs reaction as proof that dogs have empathy.

Science!

 No.229634

>>229572
Pets are like the true female version of waifus.


[Last 50 Posts]

 No.221648[Reply][Last 50 Posts]

Just post videos you think are wizardly, no particular theme or genre outside of that. Don't post things that will be too shitposty, but they can be funny
130 posts and 10 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.228723

>>228530
Thanks, I liked it.

 No.228737

>>228530
That was actually a unexpectedly nice video.

 No.229337


 No.229363

>>229337
Embed so I don't click on this 12 year old faggots videos

 No.229613

Someone who decided to live in a abandon ghost town.
Some what interesting, though I have the feeling it could be done better.


[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1571161708545.png (488.86 KB, 659x800, 659:800, 1554054454029.png) ImgOps iqdb

 No.229496[Reply]

Please help. Did you guys pay for yours? I hear most people nowadays don't.
10 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.229587

>>229564
why should I do all this work when I can just install w10 and play my games having no troubles?

 No.229592

I read that Windows 7 keys still activate 10

 No.229601

>>229496
the pirate bay obviously, are you underage?

>>229587
Yeah there is no point. I just keep a linux partition for everyday use (99% of the time for me) and a W10 drive exclusively for games that I treat like malware

 No.229603

>>229601
>the pirate bay
don't do this, download the iso directly from microsoft and then just use an activator

https://www.reddit.com/r/sjain_guides/comments/9qyuij/hwidkms38genmk6_download_and_usage_guide/

 No.229605

>>229603
You can see the hash of the ISO so it makes no difference



File: 1571177578843.jpg (60.83 KB, 968x681, 968:681, chimpanzee1[1].jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.229523[Reply]

How does one find a purpose in life? Something that actually brings fulfillment? Something to look forward to doing?

Since puberty (mid-20s now) I've just feel stuck, like no matter what I do I'm wasting my time, my life. Ultimately anything you do is a waste of time, but I don't want to feel that. That is the worst thing you can feel, that is what pure depression feels like.

But it isn't always depression, I exist either one of two states: full of anxiety or temporarily ignoring reality (which feels good by comparison, but it doesn't exactly make me feel satisfied or fulfilled in any way).

The more I think about it the clearer it becomes, and it's a scary thought. I know it scares you guys too because you're always in constant denial about it. "Humans are social animals", this phrase is basically a meme at this point, but that doesn't make it any less true.

What causes anxiety and depression to begin with? It almost always stems from society and being social. What brings happiness? It's usually the same thing. Your mental state is heavily dependent on society.

To the people in denial I ask: Why are you even here? A forum to communicate with other humans? What purpose does it serve you? I'm sure you can think of an excuse, but deep down the scary truth is you need to be social to be happy.

Unfortunately for most of us that means we're fucked. We attempt to get our social fix in other ways like media and online forums. We try to scrape up what little happiness we can get so we don't kill ourselves.

My conclusion is that the thing that makes people the most happy is belonging to some sort of social tribe or community.

I'd love to be proven wrong though, but I have a feeling most arguments posted will just be a way to cope with the reality that the way to happiness is something that is very scary to think about, or at least that's how I feel.

 No.229524

>u only post here because u want socialization and ur in denial durr hurr
shitpost discarded

 No.229526

Since your new here let me redirect you to the correct board >>>/dep/

 No.229527

>>229524
This is the type of denial I was talking about.

 No.229581

My existential anxiety has been lightened by realising my own insignificance. You are no more than an ant. It doesn't matter what you do. You have no real obligations. Any imagined sense of purpose is just an egocentric delusion. This means you can throw away the weight of the fear that you can "waste your time": everyone wastes their time, since there is nothing meaningful to do.

 No.229583

>>229523
>How does one find a purpose in life?

There's no purpose to find because we were not created to serve any purpose. We just exist. There reason? There's no reason. Something caused us to exist, but why would anyone think that it happened for a reason or to serve a goal? There's no such thing. What was the purpose in a dinasour's life?

> Something that actually brings fulfillment? Something to look forward to doing?


Whatever you find interesting or amusing enough.



File: 1568598581453.jpg (481.41 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 1547929843686.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.227140[Reply][Last 50 Posts]

Hello. I would like to talk, or rather tell you about certain suspicions, hunches and experiences I’ve had and I’m sure some of you as well. Similar themes have been written about across imageboards quite a few times so I know I’m not alone in this.

My background is that of an oldfag. I’ve seen it all. I started going on 4chan in 2006, and followed all the natural roads this implies. I’m in my thirties and I remember when 4chan had a /l/ board, when /co/ was a trial board shunned by basically everyone, when #34 porn was an obscure interest with very few good artists and when moot changed the frontpage to that web 2.0 bullshit 4chan has to this very day. I was also among the first right wingers who were such before it was cool, and I’ve seen /pol/ rise and fall. I was there when it mattered, but rather than saying these things out of masturbatory pleasure I wish to stress that I’ve acquired a set of observational skills which other genuine oldfags share. I’m aware you have no reason to trust my “credentials” but I hope you’ll read this in good faith. Much of this falls squarely in the fringe territory with a healthy dosage of /x/ and conspiracy theory up the ass. My goal by posting this seemingly jumbled mess is to… how can I put it? I want you to think, I want you to be aware, to digest all this. Because on a basic level I love you all. I feel like we’re all in this together, this dangerous game we did not choose to play and which I think is kicking into high gear. I do not hold many answers and don’t have all the pieces of the puzzle, but I AM aware there is a puzzle. Please feel free to go wild with all of this. Post it wherever you want, on whatever site you want or use. I am a nobody like you, and what matters to me is only that this reaches you and as many people as possible. At worst you’ll be entertained or kill time.

I tried to break this mess into points for brevity and because I touch upon many subjects. I imply more than I explain because if I go too deep this’ll turn into an even bigger wall of text.

The Internet feels empty and devoid of people. It is also devoid of content. Compared to the Internet of say 2007 (and beyond) the Internet of today is entirely sterile. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do, see, read or experience anymore. It all imploded into a handful of normalfag sites and these empty husks we inhabit. Yes, the Internet may seem gigantic, but it’s like a hot air balloon with nothing insidPost too long. Click here to view the full text.
100 posts and 20 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.228824

>>228818
There's more than one person calling you out. Wizchan is not pol's ally or whatever they do believe

 No.228879

>>227140
simple. loss of anonymity means a tattle tale system. so china controls the who,e i ternet now. they have at least 100,000 people to devote to each westerner (in counter attack situations, on an ongoing basis just 1,000. all numbers multiplied by at least 10 in appearance because of aliases driven by bots).

the internet already was controlled by kikes, and chinks copied them. you can no more criticize china than israel and have your account last a month thereafter. they use many tricks, and play upon the mods like a virtuoso. anti kike and anti chink positions are thus impossible to find in persistent accounts.

to bring back the internet, bring back anonymity.

 No.228895

>>228809
> Janice Brandt is an American businesswoman and vice chair emeritus of America Online/Time Warner. She is known for her famous direct marketing campaign at AOL that increased the number of subscribers from 200,000 to more than 22 million.
just.

 No.229478

Now everyone can use internet for business and other things. I have online shop where I sell wrestling stuff. I want to imply mvp to my app. Here I found information about it https://spdload.com/blog/cost-of-mvp/

 No.229575

Seems strange that people who started browsing in 2006 can call themselves oldfags. Maybe I'm being a crotchety elitist in some way, it just blows my mind how much time has passed when those days seem not so long ago..


[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1563304549765.png (404.98 KB, 720x386, 360:193, ClipboardImage.png) ImgOps iqdb

 No.221697[Reply]

Even with anime, or games I like, my attention gets interrupted in about 15-20 minutes, and I wish to look for something more compelling, which I fail most of the time. Can any wiz give me advice (preferably tested by themselves) on how I can improve it?
20 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.227603

>>227302
every damn day wizzie

 No.228574

>>221752
>You don't find the way you spend your attention as meaningful
I think this is where you messed up in your argument. You assumed that the OP has a strong, underlying value system which then dictates what he does or doesn't apply his attention to. Considering the fact that OP spends his time predominantly on games and anime, I don't think it's out of order to assume that OP actually doesn't have a strong value system and is actually quite basal in his values (e.g. playing games merely out of habit and watching CGDCT anime simply because it's visually pleasing). The problem then is that OP has yet to apply the self-discipline needed to pursue the things he genuinely finds meaningful.

I spent a long time with the belief that the reason why I'm so undisciplined towards the fields I desire to be skilled in is because I just haven't found "my thing" and that when I finally find "my thing", my reaction to it will be so intense, it will consume all of my attention. That there must be a thing I crave above all else and that I'll "know it when I see it". Only recently have I decided to change my attitude on this. I made a list of all the skills I wanted to have and rather than ask myself "What do I feel like doing?" in the middle of the day, I instead ask "What should I work on?". I've been desiring the same things for almost a decade now so I'm quite confident that there's no hobby that exists that I might like but don't know about. Admittedly, there are some things I might've never discovered without imageboards but I also feel that with enough research, I could've discovered those things on my own independently. This is not to assert imageboards as unnecessary but rather, that there's no need to spend the majority of your time on them.

 No.228598

>>221723
ADHD is a myth. Doesn't exists. Made up disease.

 No.229502

This is a well-documented problem that is caused by the web as it exists today. People didn't particularly have these issues before social media and smartphones started taking off. You can't focus because your brain has conformed to the nervous, fast-paced, attention-deficit, information-overloaded style of the modern web where you are constantly jumping from tab to tab, checking feeds and messages and updating threads, always ready to jump to the next distraction if you get even momentarily bored.

Most people on imageboards don't want to hear this though, they just want an easy solution that doesn't require them to change anything about the way the use the web, which is apparently sacred to them. I used to talk about this on 4chan and I was either ignored or dismissed, and in one case a very, very agitated pharma industry shill tried to gaslight me and claim that I'm insane and should be hospitalized for making these wild claims. Yeah, it must be just ADHD that started increasing for literally no reason in the last ten years and pills are the only solution, gg.

 No.229512

Play a video game and actually beat it. You need "small wins" It's all dopamine, use a video game to feel that sense of accomplishment and transfer that to another area. Read short books less than 100 pages, best games less than 5 hours long. Your brain just needs to get used to the idea that starting something and finishing it is a good thing and more of it is good. It's simple but it has worked for me finishing games and drawing projects. Build up your wins, k bye.



 No.229267[Reply]

i thought it was a meme until today… we all have permanent records

make sure all your usernames and passwords are different, cycle them as well as your ip every week… stay away from cameras windows online interaction

dont wait until its too late wizzies. it might already be for me
3 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.229276

anon, they just are all noticing the smell, okay?

 No.229278

Yeah this is real. Someone/people with the time and money could harrass you for their own political agendas to further. Most mass shootings are probably like this.

 No.229279

I like stalking people for fun

 No.229510

>>229278
seconded
>>229279
you probably do

 No.229511

>>229279
im unironically a gangstalker



File: 1571075914786.jpg (207.34 KB, 800x600, 4:3, kuro.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.229412[Reply]

i used to spend 12 hours a day on an anonymous german imageboard
It was full of schizophrenics, pedophiles, neonazis and anime fans, but it was my home, and traffic was low so we could recognize each other from posting style, and have fun discussions about our lives, videogames and politics.
one of the guys shot up a synagogue and the admins took down the website and replaced it with a statement saying they had nothing to do with the attack

Now i don't have anywhere to go
who /refugee/ here
10 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.229424

File: 1571086016513.png (1.29 MB, 750x1007, 750:1007, evil ruskie.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>229417
>the so-called "free press" reports biased bullshit instead of the actual truth
water is wet. surprised they didn't blame it on le evil ruskie in-cels or whatever.

 No.229426

kolchan seems cool but how do you read it? google translate is almost unreadable

 No.229427

>>229426
probably by being a native speaker dingus.

 No.229430

is /bus/ just Bernds complaining about their girlfriends? Trying to parse this

 No.229481

/int/-fag reporting in.



File: 1566203682372.jpg (214.1 KB, 1116x1539, 124:171, buddha111.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.224710[Reply]

I wanted to create a thread on Buddhism here as I believe it's a good religion to end the suffering of the average wizard.

> What is Buddhism about

Buddhism is about ending your suffering in life and finding true happiness. It's about ending the cycle of rebirth and to free oneself from it. Buddhism is understanding reality as it truly is.

> What are the core teachings of Buddhism

The Four Noble Truths and The Noble Eightfold Path
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path

> How can I start

I'd suggest to start with the books:
https://accesstoinsight.org/ptf/buddha.html
https://accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/index.html
https://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/noble8path6.pdf
Then read:
https://accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/wings/index.html

> How can I trust Buddhism?

You don't. You can see for yourself and come to your own conclusion, as long as you approach it with an open mind. Buddhism is just a path like many leading to the top of a mountain, but it's a path that is easy to follow if one commits oneself to it.
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.
64 posts and 14 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.229373

>>229371
The part on Shinto isn't very good, then Nihongi is just an expanded upon version of the Kojik, it's essentially the same book. While they mention the creation myth and some other religious aspects it is still hardly a religious text and was actually written by Buddhists.

 No.229466

File: 1571118296982.jpg (831.13 KB, 1226x920, 613:460, 1571091688242.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

I've been practicing meditation. It's really fucking hard to enter a meditative state bros. I get into it for 10 minutes or so. Seeing all sorts of visions while in it then something jolts me out of it. Apparently it's called a Hypnagogic jerk. There seems to be a fine line between meditation and falling asleep and I seem to be crossing it and waking up each time. Any tips?

 No.229469

>>229466
If you get sleepy then you're usually doing it wrong. That's when you relax too much. Can you describe how you do meditation? Then I can help you more

A general method is having more broader awareness of the body. If you focus too much one one point (or not focus at all) you do get sleepy. That's probably what happens with you.

 No.229470

File: 1571120868083.jpg (237.81 KB, 859x1200, 859:1200, 1571091624209.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>229469
I put some ambient music on from a movie or video game, wearing headphones. Lay down on my back. Do the cross leg thing just like in the OP. Then I clear my mind. I've tried meditating the traditional way but never been able to enter a meditative state that way. I have the opposite problem when I'm sitting. I'm too alert and can't relax.

 No.229471

>>229470
Then try to experiment with focusing more on the music (the properties of the music) while laying down, until it still feels relaxing but you don't fall asleep. It takes time until you make progress



File: 1569110859177.jpeg (307.3 KB, 700x750, 14:15, 450297B8-6AFD-4AE5-A87C-E….jpeg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.227454[Reply]

Anyone else thought of the internet as just this one big MMO? It’s all just a game?
5 posts and 4 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.227529

>>227520
It is literally undead. It's face is far dirtier then the money.

 No.227531

>>227520
>>227529
Also it's probably Joss paper, not real money that has been handled by by a lot of people.

 No.227566

>>227516
But that one is walking

 No.229441

File: 1571100270592.jpg (68.14 KB, 394x403, 394:403, image0.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

just gonna post this here to show i came back to this thread after a while

 No.229458

File: 1571109339814.png (66.99 KB, 254x311, 254:311, Kong_Kong the chink menace.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>227566
Dead man hoppin'



  [Go to top]   [Catalog]
Delete Post [ ]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]